Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what the turnout would be like on weekday that isn't a special event or holiday. Is it going to be like a ghost town or will it be like half the population of a day on the weekend?

Just for reference, I'm headed to Wachusett Mt. in Central Massachusetts.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
At our local area it depends on weather.

The lift lines on a powder Wednesday looks like a weekend/holiday until noon when most people go back to work. If the storm keeps raging it's often better riding (same snow, less people) from 1 to close than for the early crew.

One thing that can make midweek powder days less crowded is if you have a week of great conditions. Most people blow their sick days early and even if it remains good the slopes will empty out later in the week.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Depending on the resort, it gets pretty empty out in Tahoe during those kind of days. A lot of the people are foreign tourists.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm headed to Wachusett tomorrow hoping to spend the better part of a day and practice a lot in the park. I'll leave an update tomorrow night saying how crowded or uncrowded it was for those interested.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I was just wondering what the turnout would be like on weekday that isn't a special event or holiday. Is it going to be like a ghost town or will it be like half the population of a day on the weekend?

Just for reference, I'm headed to Wachusett Mt. in Central Massachusetts.

Thanks in advance.

I pretty much only ride weekdays. I am spoiled! I refuse to ride Saturday's and will sometimes ride sunday

1 - 8 of 8 Posts