Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I have been debating for a bit. I found a mouthguard that is super thin and white so wouldn't be super noticeable, plus i wear a balaclava. I would only use it down a run then take it out but it would seem like an investment if you smack your teeth off a rail at least it would save some teeth? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know a few people that wear mouth guards, it's not unusual as you think (TJ from boardarchive youtube wears one)
well that's what I thought but you read some posts of people that think they "aren't cool" or some shit but really it would be more uncool to have no teeth at all, in my opinion

·
Registered
138 Posts
well that's what I thought but you read some posts of people that think they "aren't cool" or some shit but really it would be more uncool to have no teeth at all, in my opinion
helmets used to be pretty rare and 'uncool' - but everyone wears em now

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use it for riding now. I don't really care about it being noticeable... Any kind of dental work is painful/costly...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of anyone hurting their teeth in 15 years so I don't really understand the argument, I don't do metal things though.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,435 Posts
Pirates can be cool AND have no teeth.
Mmmmmnnn,... :chin: pirates seem to either have one eye,.. one leg,.. or one hand! :blink:

Never saw one with no teeth before! :shrug:

>:)

(...that said, a mouth guard seems like a reasonable precaution. ) :eek:k:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, I've never heard of anyone hurting their teeth in 15 years so I don't really understand the argument, I don't do metal things though.
Look at wrathfuldeity post then you will understand the argument lmao

·
Registered
718 Posts
well this is someone who didn't wear a mouthguard so, im gonna wear one to save some teeth
want real protection - get a ruroc or any other ugly helmet with full face protection. With skinny mouthguards max you can save from is your own knees to the teeth and fractured teeth from lower jaw teeth impacting upper jaw teeth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe not but I'm sure if it's a small bump it would save some teeth and not to mention concussions

1 - 20 of 35 Posts