Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I never thought I'd move closer to the arctic circle, but life happens. My wife just accepted a great job at Dartmouth. We'll be moving in June, enjoy the summer and hiking and stuff...then WINTER. We'll be just 90 minutes from Stowe! And Burke, Jay Peak, EVERYTHING suddenly becomes accessible without major planning and overnight stays. Little ol' Whaleback is in the backyard for fun runs. Sunapee is close by, too.

Freakin' out about moving to New Hampshire, but the Dartmouth area is beautiful, and we'll be soooo close to real mountains. Stoked!

·
The Swiss Miss
7,380 Posts
I've not the slightest clue where you're talking about, but moving to mountains is grwat anyway :). Congrats!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've not the slightest clue where you're talking about, but moving to mountains is grwat anyway :). Congrats!
Basically White River Junction, the crossroads of !-91/!-89, gateway to the best of VT's White Mountains, and NH's Green Mountains. Cuts about 3 hours off the drive time from my current location in Connecticut.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Congrats. Went to school there. Awesome place. The D skiway is a nice quick pow trip too. Great memories. And summer is glorious. Fishing, hiking canoe/kayak, rope swings.....jealous. Someday I will retire there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
Basically White River Junction, the crossroads of !-91/!-89, gateway to the best of VT's White Mountains, and NH's Green Mountains. Cuts about 3 hours off the drive time from my current location in Connecticut.
That clears it up like a glass of mud. Lol.

Google will be her friend for pictures of the area. Its pretty in the fall and has snow in winter, sometimes even powder.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That clears it up like a glass of mud. Lol.

Google will be her friend for pictures of the area. Its pretty in the fall and has snow in winter, sometimes even powder.
:laugh2: I just realized she's located in the Swiss Alps. Yeah, probably doesn't give a damn where White River Junction is.

And BTW, that "sometime" is NOW. VT is getting dumped on. 5' of freshies in the last couple of weeks, and another 18" expected by the time tonights storm is over. Best January we've ever had in March!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Wow, I never thought I'd move closer to the arctic circle, but life happens. My wife just accepted a great job at Dartmouth. We'll be moving in June, enjoy the summer and hiking and stuff...then WINTER. We'll be just 90 minutes from Stowe! And Burke, Jay Peak, EVERYTHING suddenly becomes accessible without major planning and overnight stays. Little ol' Whaleback is in the backyard for fun runs. Sunapee is close by, too.

Freakin' out about moving to New Hampshire, but the Dartmouth area is beautiful, and we'll be soooo close to real mountains. Stoked!
Dartmouth Skiway isn't bad either. Spent this past Winter break visiting my sister at Dartmouth and learned how to ride at the Skiway.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Congrats on the relo, I do miss that short drive to the mountains from my time in NH.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Super location, you hit the jackpot. Don't forget little Ragged and Crotched and Pat's Peak. Love them all. Gunstock is fun as well. How does it get better than this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts