Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to get a 2018 season pass, and one for my oldest grommet who will be 6 in Feb. Can't beat super early bird pricing from last year!

Anyone else committed in the North Island?

I'm hoping another year growing will help with his core strength so he can learn to turn easier:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yep, got my pass sorted at the end of last season. Far out, couldn't go wrong with that price. $350? Sold!! And same, bought one for my lad as well. He's 15 though!

A lot of my friends who hadn't bought passes for a few years bought them too.

Lets hope we get a good season. Small chance we might be buying a place nearer the mountain this year, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought a pass for me and my wife when they had it on sale last year.

The passes aren't here yet.

Anyone got there's?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had my physical pass for about 5 years now, so I reloaded mine online. I received my confirmation email straight away.

Ring the Ruapehu number and have a chat. I've rung them a few times and I've always got hold of somebody who could answer my questions.

From memory, they do send them out nearer the start of the season.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very Cool, just picked up early bird season passes for next year for the family.

Might sneak down to Whakapapa on Saturday and have a last blast as they are valid for this last week.

Anyone heading up this weekend?

My boy will turn 6 next year so hoping to get him into it, already bought him a board and boots for his birthday in June .
He is very sporty so hopefully can get him up the mountain reasonably quickly!
How long did it take to get your 6 year old reasonably confident?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took my 6 year old to Whakapapa three days this season. On the last afternoon I took him down the Rock Garden twice, he did okay! Could heel side turn and did a handful of toe sides which were tricky.

Getting early bird passes this month, nice and cheap!

Doing a final day on Turoa tomorrow from Welly, just going solo. Everyone bailed on me, thanks Motley lol! Life getting in the way, including oppressive management wankers!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Doing a final day on Turoa tomorrow from Welly, just going solo. Everyone bailed on me, thanks Motley lol! Life getting in the way, including oppressive management wankers!
Tell me about it. My boss goes to me today - Not sure why you wanted your day off, but you can leave at 1 on Friday...if its quiet!! Erm, nevermind, thanks. Was all I could manage!

Have an awesome day though. Looking at the webcams today, you should pretty much have the place to yourself. Conditions on Sunday were really good.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tell me about it. My boss goes to me today - Not sure why you wanted your day off, but you can leave at 1 on Friday...if its quiet!! Erm, nevermind, thanks. Was all I could manage!

Have an awesome day though. Looking at the webcams today, you should pretty much have the place to yourself. Conditions on Sunday were really good.
At 8:30 I got into the 3rd row of cars. No lift queues all day. Good snow. No Aucklanders. All wins!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts