Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a coda and really like the feel of their "system", but I really missed MTX last season.

What boards would feel closest to the coda in turn initiation and playfulness with MTX.

From my research it seems like it would be the attack banana or riders choice, but have no experience with either one.

·
Registered
619 Posts
From what I understand the Attack banana will have more rocker than the riders choice, but the riders choice will have a more aggresive mtx.

I would guess the Attack banana would feel more like the coda when it comes to turning, but the riders choice would give you more mtx which you seem to like. Another thing is that both these boards are true twins while I think the coda is directional. I might be wrong about that though.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Check Rossignol and Smokin', MTX with other flex/camber profiles if you don't want to go with a Mervin board.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Riders choice rides very different than the coda. Coda being continuous rocker and the RC being C2BTX. Coda is a slightly stiffer all mtn freestyle deck with lots of pop. Described by Arbor as a big mtn board.

RC is a mid flexing freestyle deck that is super versitle. Gnu describes it as a park oriented all mtn freestyle deck. I dunno about the park oriented description. Compared to the Coda you notice the softer flex and increased contact due to the camber under the inserts.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the ride of the coda so much I am not sure if I want to take the chance of switching now. I had no where near the confidence on the coda compared to my old trs on sketchier (more ice) days, but I really like the loose lazy feel (skateboard like) with the coda.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I like the ride of the coda so much I am not sure if I want to take the chance of switching now. I had no where near the confidence on the coda compared to my old trs on sketchier (more ice) days, but I really like the loose lazy feel (skateboard like) with the coda.
Honestly Griptech has as much bite as you ever need. Magne doesn't require any fine edge control. Learn that and Id wager you start enjoying System more than MTX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts