Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im somewhat new to the snowboard scene. I been a few times in the years past but, this past season I went HAM in February and March. I hit the mountain about 6/7 times. I learned how to carve and want to continue getting better at it this upcoming season. So I picked out the following set-up:

Rossignol Templar 156 Mid-Wide 2013
Burton Mission Re:Flex Binding Large 2013
Nike Vapen Size 11.5 2013

What do yall think?

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Ok Im somewhat new to the snowboard scene. I been a few times in the years past but, this past season I went HAM in February and March. I hit the mountain about 6/7 times. I learned how to carve and want to continue getting better at it this upcoming season. So I picked out the following set-up:

Rossignol Templar 156 Mid-Wide 2013
Burton Mission Re:Flex Binding Large 2013
Nike Vapen Size 11.5 2013

What do yall think?
I think you should ride it and enjoy - and not worry about what a bunch of self-proclaimed experts on the internet think about it :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah word! i already was gonna do that lololololol i was just posting to post. I already ordered the bindings and boots.. the board i will order next paycheck! HAAANNNNNNN *french montana voice*

·
Banned
31 Posts
Professional snowboard expert

I give Torstein, Shaun, and Travis advice. Your setup is that of a pro. Here, I'll hand the computer over to Torstein

Torstein: Hey bro, cool setup just like nicole.

But as an expert in the snowboard industry, and saying im a "freeride charger" type o guy because Im to afraid to do tricks, your setup is ok. You should add wheels and trucks to the bottom of your board though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nasa & Torstein, thanks homies. i cant wait to actually get some snow under my setup!! I wanna try tricks but not right now.. i think with my setup i will be able to do a lil something, but nothing crazy. but please explain the metaphor of adding trucks and wheels to my board. lol sorry i dont follow

·
Banned
31 Posts
lol dude

Nasa & Torstein, thanks homies. i cant wait to actually get some snow under my setup!! I wanna try tricks but not right now.. i think with my setup i will be able to do a lil something, but nothing crazy. but please explain the metaphor of adding trucks and wheels to my board. lol sorry i dont follow
hey nitrous i was joking :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
whooooosh.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Just ride it man. Seems like a real good learning board.

By the way, highly unlikely you are carving, but it's possible I guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was trying to get one of my mates to buy that board a while back as he could have picked it up relatively cheap and seemed a good starting platform. Hope you have fun with it :)

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Looks like a solid setup, provided that the sizing is right with reference to your weight. Good board...for a Chinese produced one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was trying to get one of my mates to buy that board a while back as he could have picked it up relatively cheap and seemed a good starting platform. Hope you have fun with it :)
Dude ALL the reviews for it have me hype! I need it to snow already!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like a solid setup, provided that the sizing is right with reference to your weight. Good board...for a Chinese produced one.
Yea I'm short... 5'6" but have big feet size 11 in regular shoes. I read the vapens run small so I ordered a 11.5. I'm 160 lbs... And I looked at several "board calculators" online and the majority of them suggested I get size 156. If I lost weight the size of the board shrinks. I figured if I lost weight this summer I would just stick it out with the 156 board.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts