Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some thinking why i broke my bindings and realized I always slightly force my knees a little bit closer together so that i am able to ride a little bit more without my bad right knee hurting. After trying a narrower stance from 23" to 21" it gave me more comfort on my right knee but turns were twitchy.

I got my new replacement footbed and made some canting to see if it will work out for me. From a cheap pair of flippers that i never used, it has nice striped groves on the underside so i cut it to shape and glued to the toe ramp. It is at 5 degree unloaded but after my weight is on it's becomes roughly at 3 degrees.

For whatever it's worth, here it is.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, it's actually not that much maybe an inch less if I strapped them properly. My toe strap are over the boots just to put weight on the canting until the glue sets.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Very nice. Good job on the clean look. When I'm teaching someone that asks about canting, I just fold up two trail maps and throw them in there so they can see how it feels for the day.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Seems cool and all but what happens if you wanna change your stance now that they are canted?:dunno:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ride duck equal 15/-15 so if i need to change anything it will be equally on both bindings. Besides, it is only glued to the toe ramp and i got an extra pair.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
nice work, looks like its maybe a bit over kill. As in it looks like 8 degrees or something. If it works for you then great but it seems like most companies are in the 2 degree area.

·
Registered
107 Posts
nice work, looks like its maybe a bit over kill. As in it looks like 8 degrees or something. If it works for you then great but it seems like most companies are in the 2 degree area.
Yeah most are doing the 2.5 degree can't. Ride makes 4 degree but they have been tested and most people find that its just too much and makes the ride a bit odd.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It compresses 2 to 3 degrees more specially at the corrugated pattern with my body weight. I had limited material available so I had it a bit thick and if it works out then all is good and if not I will thin it out from the top.

The best tool for cutting the bevel job was a serrated bread knife, it worked great. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts