Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,556 Posts
@Wiredsport : where can one find which width the different brands/models of boots are? I don't remember that I ever saw that D or E a.s.o. measure meantioned in a catalog. I remember Deeluxe being quite wide, and they come in small men's sizes. Aren't they wide enough for OP?
Hi Neni,
Only Burton and Salomon note the width of their wide models (EEE and E respectively). K2 also produces a designated wide model (Maysis Wide) but they do not specify the width. That is it for boots designed as Wide. The Mondopoint standard actually calls for all boot manufacturers to note both the length and width (range) in mm. Currently no brands do that for width in snowboarding (some ski boot brands do).

STOKED!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Only Salomon designs their Wide boots for E width.
K2 Maysis Wide boots are for E width feet - just saying'. Unfortunately they only run down to Mondo 250 so it won't help in this specific case.

Oh, and OP: you might want to do something about that onychomycosis (at least it looks like it to my highly unprofessional eyes).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Oh, and OP: you might want to do something about that onychomycosis (at least it looks like it to my highly unprofessional eyes).
🙈🙈🙈 A lot of trail running up in the wet of the Highlands on top of Boarding and Skiing hasn't done my feet any favours. Been trying Tea Tree Oil.to go the natural route with no avail. GP's appointment in my near future. 💁🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
204 Posts
🙈🙈🙈 A lot of trail running up in the wet of the Highlands on top of Boarding and Skiing hasn't done my feet any favours. Been trying Tea Tree Oil.to go the natural route with no avail. GP's appointment in my near future. 💁🏼‍♂️
Dribble on some apple cider vinegar once or twice a day - sorted. It's a good idea to drink a tablespoon of it mixed with water too as the fungus can be systemic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Dribble on some apple cider vinegar once or twice a day - sorted. It's a good idea to drink a tablespoon of it mixed with water too as the fungus can be systemic.
I do actually take Cider Vinegar orally so will try some atopically too 👍

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Scocherry,

Your feet are Mondopoint 240 and 245 and are E width. I would suggest not going by the UK size as that is a conversion. Mondopoint is not a conversion, it is simply your foot measurement in mm. The smallest wide boots currently made are Mondopoint 250 (US 7). You will not want Burton's Wide models as those are designed for EEE width. The best fit for you will be either the Salomon Dialogue Wide or Synapse Wide in Mondopoint 250. Only Salomon designs their Wide boots for E width.

STOKED!
So I was struggling to find either the Dialogue or Synapse Wide in a 250 online, except at full retail price on the Salmon site (no sure about their turns policy) but I found and ordered a pair of Salamon HiFi Wides in a 250 with 40% off 😁. Excited to get them and try them on.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So I was struggling to find either the Dialogue or Synapse Wide in a 250 online, except at full retail price on the Salmon site (no sure about their turns policy) but I found and ordered a pair of Salamon HiFi Wides in a 250 with 40% off 😁. Excited to get them and try them on.
For future reference it's always worth asking ATBShop in Swindon. They can get hold of stuff not listed on the website, & will price-match. Disclaimer - the owners are friends of mine but I have no financial link.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
250 is still too big, by a full centimeter. It will not cure your foot pains.

Vinegar...or you could try real medicine, like Scholl's fungal nail treatment. But more importantly, it's contaminated all your shoes. The shoes that can withstand it would be washed in 60 degrees (Celsius), or put in the drier. The rest should be disposed of.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cider vinegar is real medicine for fungal infections. I battled it for years, nearly got to the point of having nailbeds removed to stop it. Even the nuclear option of prescription drugs for six months didn't work (Sporanox). Tried apple cider vinegar as a last resort - all clear within three months.

·
Registered
27 Posts
K2 makes a maysis wide in 6 and 6.5. It's just really hard to find because they make very few. You may have to watch their website at the start of the season and order it directly.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Cider vinegar is real medicine for fungal infections. I battled it for years, nearly got to the point of having nailbeds removed to stop it. Even the nuclear option of prescription drugs for six months didn't work (Sporanox). Tried apple cider vinegar as a last resort - all clear within three months.
Interesting! Will have to try that if I'm unlucky enough to contract onychomycosis.

K2 makes a maysis wide in 6 and 6.5. It's just really hard to find because they make very few. You may have to watch their website at the start of the season and order it directly.
Are you sure? According to their website it's only produced down to a US7 = Mondo 250.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interesting! Will have to try that if I'm unlucky enough to contract onychomycosis.

Are you sure? According to their website it's only produced down to a US7 = Mondo 250.
I’m not sure what you’re reading but it lists 6.0 and 6.5 right here:

Both sizes are listed in the drop-down as well, but they say sold out.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,233 Posts
OP, have you looked at Deeluxe boots? Most of their all mountain boots start as small as size 22cm.
(Don't know about their all mountain models, how wide they are... I only ever owned a XV from them and my 24.5/9.5cm feet were happy with the width of that XV).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
How did you apply it or did you just use a foot bath of diluted solution?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I’m not sure what you’re reading but it lists 6.0 and 6.5 right here:

Both sizes are listed in the drop-down as well, but they say sold out.
When I click on the=at link it takes me to the UK site and the shows the 6/6.5 and I presume that they're UK sizes? Oh and the UK website doesn't sell them direct either :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
250 is still too big, by a full centimeter. It will not cure your foot pains.
But surely that is my best bet as Wiredsport said? I'm just a 240 (maybe a 245 in at least one foot) and if I went down that small wouldn't the my width then become even more of an issue?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
You are in fact quite correct according to Blue Tomato

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
OP, have you looked at Deeluxe boots? Most of their all mountain boots start as small as size 22cm.
(Don't know about their all mountain models, how wide they are... I only ever owned a XV from them and my 24.5/9.5cm feet were happy with the width of that XV).
I wasn't really aware of them to be honest but their website is pretty cool :cool: Did you go for a 245 in the XV?

·
The Swiss Miss
7,233 Posts
I wasn't really aware of them to be honest but their website is pretty cool :cool: Did you go for a 245 in the XV?
Yes, I had a 24.5 XV. At first it fekt very tight, but the liner broke in A LOT. However, I climb and skin/tour a lot, so liners break in quickly for me anyway.
For resort riding, you don't need an XV... but I assume, they use similar liners for their all mountain boots.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts