Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just wanted to post up a few pics of my board all ready to go, thought it'd be nice to let you all take a look at the final product since you guys helped me out in finding it. I can't wait to let you know how it rides when I get the chance here in february. I may have to make a spontaneous trip somewhere before hand though because I don't know if I can wait.

(Pictures are attached, my only concern was the overhang but after reading I don't think it will be an issue since I am not a super experienced rider and won't be doing any carving, I did set the bindings back one hole (with respect from edge to edge, not talking about "setback") because I felt like I had monstrous toe overhang so if you take a look let me know if that looks and sounds right.

Thanks again everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing a little bit of reading and searching I am wondering if I do have too much overhang? Would anyone be able to take a look at the pics below and see what you think? (I did the whole test on the carpet and was switching from my toe to heel edge and didn't feel like my boots were coming in contact with anything)

The only reason for concern is I am going Saturday for my first ride on the new board and boots and I don't want to get there get on the slopes and find out the overhang is too much to deal with and not be able to return my boots to try a different pair with shrinkage technology.

·
Registered
74 Posts
looks fine to me.. i have an inch overhang. although in the 3rd pic, it looks like the toe is way out and the heel is barely overhanging. lol but thats probably just camera angle.

·
Registered
208 Posts
(Pictures are attached, my only concern was the overhang but after reading I don't think it will be an issue since I am not a super experienced rider and won't be doing any carving, I did set the bindings back one hole (with respect from edge to edge, not talking about "setback") because I felt like I had monstrous toe overhang so if you take a look let me know if that looks and sounds right.
Did you adjust your bindings? i.e. pull the heelcup back, extend to the toe ramps. It doesn't look like your boot is centered over your board.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you adjust your bindings? i.e. pull the heelcup back, extend to the toe ramps. It doesn't look like your boot is centered over your board.
I have adjusted them, they are set to the hole closest to the heal edge but I have not pulled the heelcup back which I will do when I get home tonight. (I am assuming that is because it looks like I have a little more toe overhang than heel correct?) I can extend the toe ramps farther as well but wasn't sure if that would help or hurt the situation.

P.S. Will get pics up later tonight after making these adjustments.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks fine to me.. i have an inch overhang. although in the 3rd pic, it looks like the toe is way out and the heel is barely overhanging. lol but thats probably just camera angle.
Yes, I think the 3rd pic was camera angle. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I decided I am more than likely better off just seeing how it rides this weekend, I think my eyes are making the overhang seem much larger than it really is because it was such a big purchase and something like this would ruin it if it were a problem.

I appreciate the help and will keep you guys updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts