Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone at Nakiska today want to meet up for a beer later ?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Hey Hoots. As long as the roads are not deadly tomorrow, most of the gang will be at Nakiska by 10am. Let us know if your around!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good.

A little icy at the top today, and getting.a bit mogul'd up in the middle of the run, but otherwise it was dope.

Let's hope it snows after the cats get to it tonight, and first tracks tomorrow will be stellar.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty short, the hill was a lttle crowded in parts. Problem with just the one run, you get people and little kids learning to turn, and friggin hotshot skiers tucking the whole thing.

But there wan't any real wait for the chair.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Awesome day at Nakiska. There was even powder on the 1 run they had open. Twice as good as expected. 6 other Snowboardforum members in attendance. Cell coverage was unavailable, so we were unable to meet up with Hoots - assuming he went today.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry bout that Arsenal, I should have messaged you guys from the base. No reception mid-mountain.

We rode from 1015 and left just before 330.

So, for anyone out there who couldn't make it up this weekend it ummm totally sucked, and continued to suck all day. And those glades sucked even more.

Worst opening ever.

Don't worry about not making it to the hill, you didn't miss anything special at all.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
You Calgary guys...

I hope the Argos beat the Stamps in the Grey Cup again this year.
It's the only excitement we Torontonians will have before we get to ride out here.

Sigh.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't feel too bad Grey, we're jealous of your mayor. Personal issues asides, he's doing good work. Ours is all talk and no action.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Sorry bout that Arsenal, I should have messaged you guys from the base. No reception mid-mountain.

We rode from 1015 and left just before 330.

So, for anyone out there who couldn't make it up this weekend it ummm totally sucked, and continued to suck all day. And those glades sucked even more.

Worst opening ever.

Don't worry about not making it to the hill, you didn't miss anything special at all.
He's lying..... :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got down there on saturday lunchtime, had a good few hours and dusted off the cobwebs well and truly. Now that sunshine have postponed their opening looks like Nakiska will be my saviour over the next two weeks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only downside to Sunday was the till at the mid-mountain the lodge ended up cash only, and at times, visibilty was pretty poor.

Otherwise, a fantastic start to the season.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I got down there on saturday lunchtime, had a good few hours and dusted off the cobwebs well and truly. Now that sunshine have postponed their opening looks like Nakiska will be my saviour over the next two weeks.
Louise is still opening this weekend too.

I wonder if nakiska will open a few more runs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts