Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I have narrow my decision for next years board down to either a 2013 Libtech Skate Banana OR a 2013 GNU Park Pickle.

I will be riding 95 percent park (mostly aerial tricks such as back 3, back 7, method, grabs) but will also being riding a bit of powder and groomers.

So what would you guys reccomend?

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Ok guys I have narrow my decision for next years board down to either a 2013 Libtech Skate Banana OR a 2013 GNU Park Pickle.

I will be riding 95 percent park (mostly aerial tricks such as back 3, back 7, method, grabs) but will also being riding a bit of powder and groomers.

So what would you guys reccomend?
They are very similar boards. Key question is whether you want the asym/Pickle shape or not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The Gnu is asymmetrical and has a sintered base. When you wax it nice it's pretty damn fast. I wasn't blown away by the asym but I have a pickle and it's a fun board.

Besides those differences they're basically the same board.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
is the skate banana with its TNT base not sintered?
Yes and no. The TNT bases on the TRS and Attack Banana (and this season also the Skate Banana) is an age-old discussion point with Lib boards. Technically TNT is high-end extruded base but Mervin claims that it performs much like a sintered one, in practice it makes no difference whatsoever.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I am hearing some crap about skate banana bases drying out quickly andnot being fast. Am I hearing crap or truth?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so I have never ridden a extruded base before (always sintered) will this still be fast? (I am not looking to go 50mph just have good speed and be able to cross flats)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts