Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

NE Stoke Thread

150K views 3K replies 129 participants last post by  ridethecliche 
Hit Killington today. Not as bad as expected. Groomers did a great job on what was open but many playground runs from the past 2 weeks were glistening in the sun and roped off. effin rain in January.....

Please let Mother Nature cooperate. Getting ready for an 8 day saga with my 19yo skier son in central VT. Got a discount on the epic pass, so we’ll hit okemo, Stowe and sunapee. Looking at killington and sugarbush for midweek. I picked up a skiNride card (40-50%) those last two. So pumped! No one (wife/sister) to hold us back. Never been to Stowe or sugarbush. Any tips appreciated. Advanced skier/rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three days in so far in a seven day blitz. So far good times. Day one, Okemo Saturday. Spring conditions and scant cover but no lines and ran laps. Day two was Sunapee Sunday with oodles of loose granular and sweet views (thanks epic pass). Today was Killington (thanks skiNride card). Cold and FAST with no lines. Looks like powder finally coming [emoji1]for a run to Stowe.

FINALLY!!! 5-6” pow at okemo this morning. What a surfing dream. Slashed and floated untracked snow on the new short/fat sushi. Then back to the XV in the afternoon to navigate the chunder. Northeast rarity.

TheBush is awsome on a powder day. There are "hidden" trails between the 2 peaks that end on a shuttle stop on the main road. The shuttle will take you back to the lift. There is probably a map of it somewhere. I doubt it's on the regular trail map

Yup. Went to sugarbush last year for the first time. Awesome glade trails of all skill levels. But terrible on an icy day.

Getting pumped for my Epic pass 8 day saga 1/6-14. Planning on hitting Okemo, Sunapee, Stowe, Mt Snow. Probably Killington off pass. I’ll be up with 20yo skier son. If anyone wants to connect let me know. We will be searching for untracked lines.