Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2061 - 2080 of 2125 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
I didn't know Stratton had DH. From videos and pictures of loon it doesn't look like there is any natural terrain.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I was hoping to go to attitash but I guess they shut down the biking for this year. It's really gnarly there, all natural everywhere. Also the downhill tricycle isn't happening either, bummer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stratton is definitely the place to go. I was there last month, stayed in the mountain and we were blessed with a foot of snow. Conditions are always good and it's beginner-friendly. Not sure if they got deals right now though.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've had a few epic pow days at Stratton as well as the coldest day ever on a hill ( -20ish before the wind) at Stratton. Which is crazy because I ride Jay peak about 5 times more that Stratton, which is way colder. Fav trail is definitely the something ravine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Daydreaming about Wachusett and Blue Hills snowboarding today. Also binge-watching deep powder snowboard videos on YouTube during a brutal heat wave in my area right now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Last day of meteorological summer is tomorrow, Aug. 31.
Anyone else besides me getting pumped for fall and for winter snowboarding season 2021-22?:)❄🏂

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,313 Posts
Last day of meteorological summer is tomorrow, Aug. 31.
Anyone else besides me getting pumped for fall and for winter snowboarding season 2021-22?:)❄🏂
Not quite yet. Whistler bike park is open until Oct 11, IIRC, and trails are very rideable until into November. After that you freeze your nuts off.

I haven't yet quite been able to transition directly from one sport into the other. There's always a few weeks in there where I'm climbing the walls.

·
Registered
564 Posts
There are a few days in November that you can snowboard the man made snow and mtb the lower runs at killington. But they don't let you mtb down the snow, if you pedaled up they probably won't care though

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Jay's supposed to be picking up 12-18 inches over the weekend.
Let it snowwww!

Question though:

I've somehow been able to finagle a week off between dec 28- jan 4. Going to jay the first 4 days, then stowe for 2 days. For the last 2 days I'm debating between going to killington or sugarbush. Any suggestions? I'm kinda wondering if it's a bonkers idea to ride 8 days in a row 2-3 days after riding like 5-6 days out west... But I can always take it easy the last day at Jay and just relax and explore whichever of the two resorts I end up (killy vs sugarbush).

Thotz?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same "problem" at times and I have to remind myself quality over quantity. Personally I'd:

1- put a break day in the middle.
or
2- make some of those half days and conserve a little energy.

Anyhow I hope it stays cold and keeps on snowing! Have a blast out there!

Sent from my SM-A015T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Killington always has good terrain open but if there’s a recent snowfall, Sugarbush is a hidden gem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

2061 - 2080 of 2125 Posts