Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2081 - 2100 of 2120 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
So... My flight to denver leaves next thursday. Will ride 2-3 days in CO and then 4-5 days at Jackson Hole.

Currently looks like it's going to be super low tide there. I was going to take the otto and the spam, but now I'm debating taking the spam and the iguchi. Anyone have any guidance? Don't really want to take more than 2 boards and 1 set of bindings. I figured I'd just ride the spam all the time unless the conditions were a bit meh where I'd just grab the guchi.

If there's ever a best use case for EST boards, this kind of stuff is clearly it. Would be so much easier to travel with boards if they're using the channel!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks like the west is starting to ramp up with some wintry precip. The east is looking bleak the rest of December. Hope you get some good days in. I guess you'll wait till last minute and see what conditions you're going to get. Either way I'm jealous. Go get some!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Hit empty resorts this weekend. Ran slush laps at Okemo bubble Saturday. YUP did not disappoint. Such a flowy turny board. Sunday back for death cookie blasting on the XV. Thankfully it warmed and softened up a bit. Today hit Mt Snow for a quick 6 runs on the YUP on fresh groomers. Wow, what a fun deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Stoke level for jackson is all time right now. Looks like they're forecasting like 20 inches this week and then about a foot and a half or so during the week we'll be there!

Hit empty resorts this weekend. Ran slush laps at Okemo bubble Saturday. YUP did not disappoint. Such a flowy turny board. Sunday back for death cookie blasting on the XV. Thankfully it warmed and softened up a bit. Today hit Mt Snow for a quick 6 runs on the YUP on fresh groomers. Wow, what a fun deck.

Givin mehhh duh feelz. I honestly wonder if sizing had so much to do wit it or if I just didn't gel with the board. The latter would kinda make sense since I blew out my eye socket the first real pow day I had with it. Wouldn't be a bad thing for my brain to go 'oh im not sure I trust you'!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
More like lack of stoke. Hit Mt Snow today. Sheet ice separated by patches of shaved ice. You know it’s bad when you’re stoked to see a pile of granular with death cookies mixed in.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
More like lack of stoke. Hit Mt Snow today. Sheet ice separated by patches of shaved ice. You know it’s bad when you’re stoked to see a pile of granular with death cookies mixed in.

Ugh. Hitting Okemo tomorrow

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Just got back from Jackson hole.
Will be at Jay Tues to Fri, then stowe for Nye weekend, then 2 days at Killington.

Never been to stowe or Killington so I'm crossing my fingers that they get a little snow over that weekend. Forecast looks promising for that time but who knows.

The uncertainty made me pick Killington over sugarbush... That plus the fact that it'll be easier to get home from killy since it's like an hour and a half closer than sugarbush.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Just got back from Jackson hole.
Will be at Jay Tues to Fri, then stowe for Nye weekend, then 2 days at Killington.

Never been to stowe or Killington so I'm crossing my fingers that they get a little snow over that weekend. Forecast looks promising for that time but who knows.

The uncertainty made me pick Killington over sugarbush... That plus the fact that it'll be easier to get home from killy since it's like an hour and a half closer than sugarbush.
We have had shit for snow this year. Killington has ass-kicking snow making capability.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Until today I’d been having a blast at Stratton. Conditions have actually been pretty good all things considered. I rode Xmas and despite the rain it was a good day. Today the crowds arrived and scraped all the snow off the ice base.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
This is likely the worst season as far As I can remember. Mid Vermont has temps with lows barely below freezing for the next week, with a random cold day in the middle just to make it a skating rink. No snow in the forecast and into January at least for anywhere south of stowe which is a bit out of my driving range.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Idk at this point this seems pretty in line with the past few years. However usually there’s a dump in mid December, which we didn’t get. Luckily however we didn’t get any huge rain storms around Xmas like the past few years that clear out all the snow. I’d say that while this sucks, we’re actually better off than years past.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Idk at this point this seems pretty in line with the past few years. However usually there’s a dump in mid December, which we didn’t get. Luckily however we didn’t get any huge rain storms around Xmas like the past few years that clear out all the snow. I’d say that while this sucks, we’re actually better off than years past.
I'm not sure that's accurate, I'm at Jay now and it's about it iciest I've ever seen it and Ive been here the week before xmas before.

It's so low tide that I tried riding my otto and gave up. My iguchi is basically a rock board more... Some of the lines I poached today were better than some of the open trails. And then I hit a root and flipped over so...

But I feel very grateful I didn't get a core shot. Ugh. I guess stuff is made to be used.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Is anyone going to be at Jay for MLK weekend? I'm planning on doing a thing and was wondering if I could rope others into it as well.

Said thing would involve cutting the lift lines all afternoon on the 15th.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Tldr proposing to my gf. Vennedag is a guided tour they do. Allows you to cut the line and pairs you with an instructor to show you around. Figure it'll be a great way to learn some of the unmarked glades.

Talked to her about it and sold it to her as a 'hey some friends I made here are back that weekend and were thinking of joining up to do this'. You can have like 10 people in the group.

But also glades here are all time right now!

Here are some related products that Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums members are talking about.

2081 - 2100 of 2120 Posts