Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
2201 - 2220 of 2251 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had a nice three week stretch in Vermont in February, despite fresh snow only on the final day. Thinking of making a last hurrah to Mount Snow for a couple days of spring shred soon'ish, although my gut tells me that next week might be the only worthwhile window, based on how much rain is coming in. And also pending cost calculations.

When is spring break? That's to be avoided for me.

How is Mount Snow holding up with the end of winter? Soft, fun conditions or sad, dirty slush?

I thought I saw something about J-1 visa holders being required to return to their home countries soon but can't confirm. Could staffing be impacted even worse than has already occurred as this season winds down?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I'm pretty sure that spring break slash school vacation week is done. It's halfway through march. College spring break isn't what folks usually worry about. It's the vacation weeks for the school systems that's the more crowded ish since parents and their nugs are out in full force. Pretty sure that's done for now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
How is Mount Snow holding up with the end of winter? Soft, fun conditions or sad, dirty slush?
I just checked their mountain cams. Mount Snow is definitely cooked for the season unless a weird, unexpected spring storm comes out of nowhere.

I can't complain though. I just know I have a cap on days per season as long as I'm living in the mid-Atlantic. I was trying to cheat it a bit.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I just checked their mountain cams. Mount Snow is definitely cooked for the season unless a weird, unexpected spring storm comes out of nowhere.

I can't complain though. I just know I have a cap on days per season as long as I'm living in the mid-Atlantic. I was trying to cheat it a bit.
If I was planning to get any more east coast days in, I'd head to northern vermont or maine. It'll be fun spring skiing since they have a pretty solid base. Jay's gotten a fair amount of snow over the last month or so and should have the base for it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
If I was planning to get any more east coast days in, I'd head to northern vermont or maine.
For sure.

But I was targeting somewhere on my Epic pass as well as a destination that doesn't require a car. I drove up for my Okemo/Sunapee/Stowe trek in February but not doing that again with these gas prices. So that leaves Mount Snow as my only option.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
For sure.

But I was targeting somewhere on my Epic pass as well as a destination that doesn't require a car. I drove up for my Okemo/Sunapee/Stowe trek in February but not doing that with these gas prices. So that leaves Mount Snow as my only option.
We just hit Stowe Okemo Killington and Pico over the past week. Rivers flowing on lower piste yesterday at Pico. Rain forecast today. Terrain is rapidly diminishing. Go north or go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
@Crusty
I don't think Sunday river has had much snow all season have they? Or did they just manage to dodge the worst of the rain from what you're seeing.

The forecast this week is interesting. Jay may be picking up some more snow lol. I had considered making one more trip there but I think I'm done with the ice coast for the season unless maine looks good next month... Which I doubt. Fiance had expressed some interest in wanting to do a trip out that way a few months ago but seems to be meh about it now.

2201 - 2220 of 2251 Posts