Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1521 - 1540 of 1599 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
FINALLY!!! 5-6” pow at okemo this morning. What a surfing dream. Slashed and floated untracked snow on the new short/fat sushi. Then back to the XV in the afternoon to navigate the chunder. Northeast rarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
With snow on the horizon, im surprised this thread isnt more active

ill be in killington jan 22-26, they are supposed to get dumped on this weekend!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sometimes timing is everything. First chair Sunday morning without a doubt, and dumping all day. Cap the day off with a Patriots win over the Chiefs.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Do we think its going to be crazy busy on Sunday?

Its a holiday weekend, so it seems to be an obvious 'yes'... but, Patriots play Sunday night (not a huge factor), people maybe cancelled plans due to storm, may leave early (Sat?), may not drive up Sunday, etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
MLK weekend is the busiest of the year for most NE resorts

i know the resort i work at (windham) def is

most families book well in advance, so they're coming rain (er snowstorm) or shine

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wonderful packed powdah at Blue Hills today and Nashoba Wednesday--machine made snow which rivaled natural. :smile:
If you're headed to VT/NH/ME this weekend & next week, enjoy the big dump of snow up there. The weekend and next week look sketchy for my area in Mass. with icy sleet mixing in with the snow forecasted. :| Makes me even more grateful I got out this week! :smile:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ill be boarding at killington on wed, thurs, and friday of next week, should be crowd free and plenty of snow

I cannot wait, I think its going to be cold as hellll tho

speaking of which, it may be time to invest in some new gloves

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ill be boarding at killington on wed, thurs, and friday of next week, should be crowd free and plenty of snow

I cannot wait, I think its going to be cold as hellll tho

speaking of which, it may be time to invest in some new gloves

The weekday is the right day. It’ll be awesome after a two foot dump this weekend.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Heard on a lift today at Okemo around 10 a.m.: "The grooming is terrible today."

Seriously? 14" on the ground in the last 24 hours and it was still coming down and some retard wanted better grooming. East coast fail.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sometimes timing is everything. First chair Sunday morning without a doubt, and dumping all day. Cap the day off with a Patriots win over the Chiefs.
Not quite the epic dump predicted, but fun nonetheless. Only thing epic about Sunday though was that Pats win.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Saturdays at Loaf

Can anyone comment on the crowds @ Loaf on a normal Saturday. Meaning non holiday, non school vaca.

Is it tolerable to ride a weekend day there?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have been to Blue Hills 3 times this month. Yesterday was my first time there on natural instead of machine-made snow following our first significant snowfall in the Boston area! :smile:

Nobody's posted on this thread in half a month other than me just now...have others given up on this thread?...or on winter 2019? I also noticed not as many "regulars" posting on this thread this winter...just sayin'.

1521 - 1540 of 1599 Posts