Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1541 - 1560 of 1599 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I don't know, it's kinda been a bleh year for me tbh. I think we've had a total of about 10" at my house all year so even with VT doing ok I'm having a rough time getting excited even though I haven't missed a weekend.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in. Still stoked. Been a good year so far; checked out a few new mountains (Jay, Burke), plus the usuals.

Hoping today is more snow than rain up in the hills. Headed to Bretton on Sunday.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting dumped on at sugarloaf. If any shredders want to get some filming done Sunday monday Tuesday are my all day ride days. Know all the spots and have great film gear.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bretton was great Saturday, no wind issues, however, I wish I could of rode Sunday as well.
One of the great things about Bretton. I have no freakin' idea how a ski area literally across the street from the windiest mountain in the world almost never has wind holds, but so it is.

·
Registered
927 Posts
One of the great things about Bretton. I have no freakin' idea how a ski area literally across the street from the windiest mountain in the world almost never has wind holds, but so it is.
Mt Washington is a great shield for Bretton, unfortunately that is not the case for Wildcat on the other side.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thirty two inches at Jay. Peak lifts closed for wind Saturday. Sunday was absolutely glorious.

Still stoked.
I'm so bummed that I missed Sunday at jay.

I went out for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon and it was a blast. Unfortunately I ended my day trying to make out with a tree on Jet after the mogul section. Ended up chipping a tooth and breaking my orbit and cheekbone...

So yeah. Didn't make it out. Was totally crushed to have planned out this trip and missing the beautiful bluebird day. Sigh.

Hopefully there will be another one or two once I heal up and I'm allowed back out. Glad you had an amazing time! It was my first time out there and it was breathtaking.

·
Registered
107 Posts

I went out for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon and it was a blast. Unfortunately I ended my day trying to make out with a tree on Jet after the mogul section. Ended up chipping a tooth and breaking my orbit and cheekbone...

So yeah. Didn't make it out. Was totally crushed to have planned out this trip and missing the beautiful bluebird day. Sigh.

Hopefully there will be another one or two once I heal up and I'm allowed back out. Glad you had an amazing time! It was my first time out there and it was breathtaking.
Dude, I was lying. The wind was horrible, the lift lines were enormous, the snow all blew off the mountain so it was glare ice and rocks with a little bit of grass for cushion, and the beers were expensive and the fries were cold and the bar was packed but strangely enough only with ugly women and smelly dudes and you really wouldn't have liked it much anyway.

(Did that help?)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hahaha that definitely got a chuckle out of me. I appreciate the sentiment. Hope you get a few more days that way. They'll hit 400 inches for the season soon enough.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts

Holy shit ouch. Sorry to hear this, man. Heal quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks guys. It's much appreciated.

Maybe I'll try to make the most of it and get up there anyway with a pair of snowshoes. Gotta get on the mountain somehow right?

·
Registered
344 Posts
What passes are you all getting? Especially now that Epic bought the peak pass... Seems like Epic is the way to go. At least for me living in NYC...

·
Registered
386 Posts
I’m eying the ikon as well. But only get 7 days at killington. Kind of a bummer. I did the epic pass last year but got tired of Okemo.

·
Registered
354 Posts
TheBush is awsome on a powder day. There are "hidden" trails between the 2 peaks that end on a shuttle stop on the main road. The shuttle will take you back to the lift. There is probably a map of it somewhere. I doubt it's on the regular trail map

1541 - 1560 of 1599 Posts