Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1561 - 1580 of 1599 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
TheBush is awsome on a powder day. There are "hidden" trails between the 2 peaks that end on a shuttle stop on the main road. The shuttle will take you back to the lift. There is probably a map of it somewhere. I doubt it's on the regular trail map

Yup. Went to sugarbush last year for the first time. Awesome glade trails of all skill levels. But terrible on an icy day.

·
Registered
232 Posts

Loon was nice this past weekend. Got a little snow on Sunday morning too.

This is my second season riding and it took a minute of sliding on my ass while reconsidering all my life choices for me to get the hang of things again.

Booked a week long excursion at jay peak for Mid December. Hoping I'm back to where I was at the end of last season by then. Planning on taking a few lessons out there with my gf too. Should be a great time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Stoked. Hit Bretton Woods the 17th, gotta say it was pretty nice for mid November riding. Enough I think I'll hit it again Sunday.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a week booked out at Jay Dec 14-21.
I'm starting to get nervous that they're not going to have too much open by then because it looks like the current storm is going to miss them.

Cross your fingers for me!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a week booked out at Jay Dec 14-21.
I'm starting to get nervous that they're not going to have too much open by then because it looks like the current storm is going to miss them.

Cross your fingers for me!
Should be at least some decent riding there. Probably mostly fake pow. I wouldnt expect to get off trail much. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
232 Posts
They do make some snow up there, but the draw to jay is the glades (which I'm not good enough for anyway). They can't really cover the glades with fake snow haha.

Would sugarloaf be a better option? I have till sunday night to cancel the airbnb and only lose the fees. I've been refreshing the forecast like a maniac and it looks like they're expecting some rain over the weekend, but there's a forecast for some snow next week.

It's honestly so unpredictable up there sometimes. They'll just randomly get like a foot or two in a monster storm. Kinda crossing my fingers for that tbh.

With residency, I had to book my vacation weeks in like April/May. GF and I have a season pass at Jay and then the New England Pass for Loon, Sugarloaf, and Sunday River. Loon's kinda home base for us so we were hoping to go to Jay. Sugarloaf isn't a bad option either but it's all condition dependant. I know they're picking up some snow from this storm. I've never been there and she's been there a few times.

1561 - 1580 of 1599 Posts