Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

NE Stoke Thread

150K views 3K replies 129 participants last post by  ridethecliche 
#1 ·
Seeing some reports of frost in VT. Can it start snowing already? I wanna splitboard up some of the local resort trails and get preseason runs in.

#2 ·
One can hope. But realistically we're a good 4-6 weeks away from anything that falls lasting more than a day or so.

Certainly hope most of the long range projections are wrong and winter comes sooner rather than later like they all seem to be saying.

#12 ·
I called up Creek to see if they had the same deal they did last year, where existing Triple Play holders would get a discounted renewal rate...well they don't.

Creek is really fun if you can ride there on a weekday...but I really can only ride on the weekends. I don't think I will get a Triple Play this season and just focus on a couple trips up North.

#19 ·
They've been able to make here and there and squirrel it away, but sadly it's looking like Black Friday is the probable reopen date. The daytime temps drop a bit, but the cold nights aren't coming. Only like 10-15 degree difference in high-low temp for the next 7-10 days

#24 · (Edited)
North ridge webcam looks like a bit of mixed precip right now. Tomorrow looks like it might be cool enough to let them blow for most of the day. So they should get in a good 24-36 hours worth of blowing for Sunday.

The good news is while the temps dont dip into freezing that much the sun seems like it'll stay behind clouds for the next week at least.

#37 ·
They got some new snow guns on the western section, hopefully the snow they're blowing sticks since I have a seasons pass there. But yeah so far the east coast has been pretty warm for this time of year. I though El Nino was going to be good to us heh.

#33 · (Edited)
Strictly speaking its mid atlantic. However if you take NE to be Northeast rather than New England then you could lump it in like you do New York, NJ, etc.

Looking at that it is rather confusing. Being in New England I always assume NE means that, but for most people they would probably assume it means North East, which is even what the forum category is.

The big difference being NY. Most would look at it as being in the northeast, but its actually not part of New England. However the vast majority of the land area of NY is far closer to New England climate wise. That said, the vast majority of the population is in the mid atlantic weather zone of the state.

#35 ·
Ah, thanks for that, it didn't even occur to me NE meant New England but considering what is in this thread, duh!! I forget Snowshoe is considered mid-Atlantic. I was just hoping to make this thread a little less dreary and figured if SS was getting snow, further up north would get some or start making some too. Hope you boys get the season started sooner than later!

#34 ·
This thread is killing my hopes and dreams haha...unfortunately i think we are going to have a slow to almost non-existent season until mid to late december in the NE..couple different weather sites have some long range predictions showing some big storms in dec, jan, and feb so im praying they're spot on