Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See a lot of discussion on split board here, for those looking for a new one, Amplid are selling b-grade Millisurfs €410 off, just come up on their Facebook page

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would love to try that board, looks awesome. I was hoping the solid board version of it would go on sale. I recently bought a Weston Backwoods split for myself and a Weston Eclipse split for my fiance, also managed to find a pair of medium Spark R&D Arcs still in stock at a local shop. Can't wait to try them out this upcoming winter.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
@GregT943 Their solid boards are on a two-year cycle, so the Surfari (as well as all their Future Shapes and Centrifugal Collection Shapes) won't be on sale until a year from now. The only ones on sale are the Playful All Mountain boards since this is the end of the two-year cycle for those.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Snowboard pricing structures are set up to allow shops and resellers to take a major wedge of the profit. Sometimes the shop makes more than the builder on a sale.
Directly reaching out to smaller brands gets around that, so they will often reduce the price a bit and still make more money than they would if you clicked the same product on a resellers internet site.
Also understand these are people who are constantly expected to discount their products so it does get a bit old after a while and can actually negatively impact their own self worth so be nice, if you do get lucky like that, do something nice back like post a review online or send a hand drawn thank you card in the mail etc.

Dudes like them took big risks to bring something different to the table. Screw down the corporations without a second thought but not the individuals.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Don't screw them down at all. Nobody here even suggested anything of the sort.

In my case, all I did was ask questions about a board and about whether they had any resellers in Canada. They responded and asked me a few questions about my background, then gave me a nice discount in return. Then they suggested that with the discount I might consider buying two boards. I considered it, then did :)

They're proud of, and genuinely excited about, their product and are looking to get it into the hands of people who are just as serious and excited about snowboarding as they are. If they can make it a little bit easier for you to get one of their boards under your feet, they will. It's no different from the various programs offered by other manufacturers.

In the case of Amplid, they don't have any resellers in Canada and don't have any lined up for the near future, so the only option for Canadians is purchasing directly from the Amplid online store.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Their customer service is 2nd to none. When I spoke to them about getting this a creamer they said I needed the 165 but they didn't have any in stock. I asked would I be alright downsizing and they no way and recommended trying to get one elsewhere or another board!

Anybody who would rather turn a sale away rather than sell the wrong board is a big plus in my books - top customer service! Spoke to several uk distributors and managed to eventually find one as a thanks.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You can contact amplid via their Facebook as well. I'd messaged about something and they replied with some offers on boards and also some yet to be offered b grade or demo stock.

I'd asked about the creamer and paradigma and they were recommending an unw8. Ima hold off for now lol.

·
493 Posts
I will do nothing but heap into the praise for Amplid. Gregor was so awesome to deal with and they are totally committed to putting out great products.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Agree 100%

Have you received it yet?

Mine is still in Korea awaiting a freight flight out for over a week, painful to watch.

I can see there is a flight out this evening so fingers crossed it's on that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agree 100%

Have you received it yet?

Mine is still in Korea awaiting a freight flight out for over a week, painful to watch.

I can see there is a flight out this evening so fingers crossed it's on that.
It started shipping from Germany today

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
@NT.Thunder Check their instagram feed. They're giving the board away free. It's light and stiff and 1 of 2. The first one was intentionally destroyed as part of testing. This one is up for grabs and to be entered you need to share the instagram post with 5 friends.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@NT.Thunder Check their instagram feed. They're giving the board away free. It's light and stiff and 1 of 2. The first one was intentionally destroyed as part of testing. This one is up for grabs and to be entered you need to share the instagram post with 5 friends.
It looks amazing. I don't have 5 snowboarding friends in Instagram

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
It looks amazing. I don't have 5 snowboarding friends in Instagram

Neither do I, lol. I actually just started using instagram this season. I didn't really get/understand it, but now I kind of do...kind of

·
493 Posts
Yeah I saw that, it's on FB page also and I did share it but I've only one or two mates that snowboard so I tag in my wife and other randoms to go through the motions lol. I only have Insta for the cool snowboard pictures that get posted, don't use it.

Looks like a carbon Surfari although the nose looks like it has more 3D contouring but it's really hard to tell as there isn't much online regarding reviews, pictures and videos for the original models.

Love the comment *not covered by Amplid's warranty 😂

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah I saw that, it's on FB page also and I did share it but I've only one or two mates that snowboard so I tag in my wife and other randoms to go through the motions lol. I only have Insta for the cool snowboard pictures that get posted, don't use it.

Looks like a carbon Surfari although the nose looks like it has more 3D contouring but it's really hard to tell as there isn't much online regarding reviews, pictures and videos for the original models.

Love the comment *not covered by Amplid's warranty
@smellysell there too

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I picked up my first split setup just now. A Surf Shuttle 157, Kohla skins, Spark Surges and some spark pucks.

Don't want to be splitless if the season gets screwed up.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I just grabbed a splitboard too. There's too much uncertainty around next season not to have a back up plan. Amplid's surf shuttle was high on my list, but I found a great deal on an unused Tailgunner on Craigslist. Hopefully I can learn to use it on in-bounds cat terrain next season, but I'll go straight to the backcountry if I'm forced to.

I don't have bindings or skins yet, but I'm focusing on getting a decent beacon and maybe an airbag. I'm planning on keeping it to mellow low angle tree runs, but I still need some safety precautions to feel comfortable out there. Colorado has too many avalanches to be playing around. I also don't want to put a strain on our emergency and medical services, so mellow is the name of the backcountry game.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts