Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a new board for park riding.
I've been using my Ride Agenda with Burton Freestyle bindings all season and it has definitely been great for me, except the size. I'm 5'7 and my Ride is a 156. I'm trying to figure out a good size and a good camber for a new board to help me progress.
My Ride is what I also use for cruising down the mountains and even though its not really designed for that I love it in the nice riding conditions so I don't need something that will excel in that area.

So, What do you guys recommend for a full park board.
I'll probably be using those Union Bindings that are carbon fibre, if anyone has the name of it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
So, there are plenty of threads on this, it's a popular question. I'll give you a list of popular decks I endorse, you go look them up, and come back with some thoughts and we'll go from there.

Flow Era, Flow Shifty, Signal Freedom Machine Camber or Flat, K2 Happy Hour, Arbor Westmark, Arbor Del Rey, Arbor Blacklist, Rossignol Rock'n'Rolla, Rossignol Trickstick, Bataleon Airobic, Bataleon GW, Bataleon Whatever, Endeavor Colour, YES Jackpot, YES Greats, Nitro Swindle, Capita DOA.

You don't need Carbon bindings. Unless you are splitboarding trying to save that much weight and maintain stiffness they just don't make sense. Especially for park.

Great park binidngs: Salomon Holograms, Salomon Districts, Burton Cartel, Flux TT30, Flow Fuse SE, K2 Formula, K2 IPO, Rome 390 Boss, Raiden Phantoms, Raiden Pushers, Switchbacks, or Flux DMCC Lights.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you do plan on doing jumps, how big are u going to go? How much do u weigh? What's your park riding level now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im a tiny guy, I weigh about 130-140, So Im thinking about grabbing myself a 148.
I'm more of a Rails kind of person, but I want to mix it up and throw down air moves this season so I can do better in the local competitions.

for bindings, I don't really know What I'm looking for, but I just want the best response out of the entire setup that I can for when I'm mixing things up in the park, and have my other board there incase I do any casual mountain riding.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Response is great and all, but for park you don't want it twitchy. There is a reason most of us don't ride the most responsive bindings a brand makes on our park boards.

Depending on the board 148 might be a bit small. I'd more shoot for 150 and see where than lands you on the board sizes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far I'm looking mostly at the Endeavor Colour (149) since the next size up is like 155?

and then For bindings I'm looking at Rome 390 Boss?
Just I might think i need to look somewhere else for bindings because The Source boards only has them in like 1-2 sizes? D: I dont fully know what size binding I should get since my boots are like 9-10

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Currently have Firefly boots, but theres no way I'm keeping those for next season. They were horrible so I'm still looking around on websites and stuff about what kind of boots I want. any recommendations?

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
I Currently have Firefly boots, but theres no way I'm keeping those for next season. They were horrible so I'm still looking around on websites and stuff about what kind of boots I want. any recommendations?
Dont buy online. Go somewhere and get fitted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boots are gonna have to wait till the season is in anyways because I wouldnt want to get fitted now, and have to wait awhile and have a small chance of them feeling different when the season starts.

I thought the Carbon fiber ones are Union metafuse? if im not mistaken, A buddy just picked up a pair and used them in sunshine over maylong.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Boots are gonna have to wait till the season is in anyways because I wouldnt want to get fitted now, and have to wait awhile and have a small chance of them feeling different when the season starts.

I thought the Carbon fiber ones are Union metafuse? if im not mistaken, A buddy just picked up a pair and used them in sunshine over maylong.
The Metafuses are carbon fiber, but to be totally honest, unless you are specifically willing to spend the extra money for essentially just a light binding, look away. The special thing about the Metafuses is the extra tech and how light it is, not necessarily performance. Union is marketing that binding towards the rich dude who wants to have the techiest/lightest gear out there.

If you still want a carbon fiber binding, but don't need/want to spend the $400 or whatever they retail at, get the Chargers. Carbon fiber highback so you still get that response, and it comes in at a cheaper price. Really fun binding as well, if it's characteristics are what you want. A bit too stiff for me for my overall riding personally, but if I needed to, I could absolutely ride them everywhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I've taken a look at those Union Chargers. and I'm thinking that I'll either be choosing them or the Rome 390 Boss.

Boards I'm still looking at Options.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
So I've taken a look at those Union Chargers. and I'm thinking that I'll either be choosing them or the Rome 390 Boss.

Boards I'm still looking at Options.
Sooo those are wildly different bindings. The Chargers a freeride binding. So what if Kazu rides them, he's Kazu. Are you on Kazu's level? Then it doesn't matter what he rides. Not to mention putting Chargers on a Colour is like putting F1 suspension on a Rally Car. Uh, no.

390 Bosses are as stiff as I'd go for a board like the Colour anyhow. Other great matches if you do want something a little more responsive would be the Flow Fuse SE, Burton Cartel, K2 IPO, or Salomon Holograms.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah so theres a lot I need to learn about snowboarding still. Since the referral to f1 suspension on a rally car made complete sense to me. I come from more of a world of cars soo..
I have no idea what I'm looking for in bindings o_O I wanna get to know the difference, but I look at them and personally they all seem almost the same, but I know theres a difference. I just wish I could tell that difference.

·
Registered
176 Posts
just what feels the absolute best shape for your foot because they are all just a little different. but if you want to do a lot of rails make sure they are soft enough that you can be still be nimble in them.

just dont buy cheap boa's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts