Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am beginner/intermediate in snowboarding. So far I have been renting snowboard. Now I am looking to buy a brand new board, but I am unsure where I can find one my size that isn't to expensive that can ship to Canada. I am a 6'5 male I weight about 250lb and I am size 14/15 shoes. Does anyone have any tips for the type of size I should be looking for the width and the length for a snowboard, and where I should be looking.

·
Registered
Flow Fuse-GT, Burton Cartels, Nitro Team TLS, Weston Backwoods, Burton Supermodel, '03 Burton Custom
1,791 Posts
Size 14/15 - definitely wide boards. Signal snowboards has a pretty good sale going right now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I’m 6’5 250 I rock a 13 street shoe but sized down to a 11.5 wide snowboard boot. The 14-15 is going to limit you big time. I’d recommend first and foremost hooking up with wiredsports on this forum, he’ll help measure your mondo size boot you may be surprised by what you can get away with on a boot.

If you end up being a true 14-15 boot I’d recommend getting a deck greater then 270mm waist width that are on the stiffer side. A few options

1. K2 Party Platter 157
2. Ride superpig 158
3. Stranda Descender 166
4. K2 excavator 162
I’m selling a arbor a frame 170w as well right now if you want a carving machine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts