Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been riding for about 5 years in New Zealand and have been riding a Lib Tech skate banana for 3. Have loved it and learnt basically everything i know on it but think its time to move on to a different board. I spend most of my time riding all over the mountain but in past 2 years have been spending more time in the park. I have a job at mammoth mountain this coming season so will be over there. I'm looking for a board where I can take anywhere on the mountain and also use in the park. I do like to bomb steep runs given the chance and play in powder not there is much of that at the local mount haha I don't know much about boards so am open to any suggestions!

I'm 6'2 and around 77kg (170ish pounds).

I've been searching all mountain boards online and never summer proto type 2 seems to be a recurring result. As well as the libtech TRS HP and the travis rice pro.

Cheers in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys,

I've been riding for about 5 years in New Zealand and have been riding a Lib Tech skate banana for 3. Have loved it and learnt basically everything i know on it but think its time to move on to a different board. I spend most of my time riding all over the mountain but in past 2 years have been spending more time in the park. I have a job at mammoth mountain this coming season so will be over there. I'm looking for a board where I can take anywhere on the mountain and also use in the park. I do like to bomb steep runs given the chance and play in powder not there is much of that at the local mount haha I don't know much about boards so am open to any suggestions!

I'm 6'2 and around 77kg (170ish pounds).

I've been searching all mountain boards online and never summer proto type 2 seems to be a recurring result. As well as the libtech TRS HP and the travis rice pro.

Cheers in advance!

I was something very similar last year 16/17 All mountain but able to hit the park and after reading all the reviews and trying loads out went with the SLASH Happy Place... and absolutely love it.... its more of a freestyle to all mountain freestyle board.... great for buttering, hitting the park and bombing the groomers be it blue, reds and blacks...and for a true twin runs pretty fast as well... ice wasn't a problem as holds an edge well... only down side is not so great on powder which is to be expected with a true twin!

I went to my local snow dome and was set on getting the Yes Basic but but looked at Burton Descent, Jones Mountain Twin, Yes Typo.. I didn't warm to any of them I must have tried 10 to 15 boards when the sales guy suggested the Slash.... which i initially turned my nose up at.... i'd nearly spent all day at trying boards out and getting a little disappointed and pissed.... but strapped this on and seriously within about 1 min i had a grin from ear to ear... felt awesome it was so playful so fun yet so stable ... everyone always comments on my board and how they love the one they have themselves or used to have.

ref : i''m 6"2 weight 88kg and went for the 158

some reviews below....

https://whitelines.com/snowboard-gear/reviews/snowboards/slash-happy-place.html#HylvTIu9EfDjqcG8.97

https://thegoodride.com/snowboard-reviews/slash-happy-place-2014-2017-snowboard-review/

ps. no i'm not working on commission!!! :laugh2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts