Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha. knew the pics would get you to read. If I get advice I will post pics of my girl...and she is very very hot. I will let you kick me off if she's not.

I keep a good eye on whiskeymilitia.com and have found good boots for $90 so I am wondering what a good board and binding setup would be for her. Shes is 5'9" and 130 lbs. Was thinking 149. below are some boards i found but don't know much about em. she is a beginner and will prob never go past intermediate level. no park and no jumps. just freeride with some back country

Save on Rossignol Harmony Snowboard Package - Women's

Save on LTD Mist Board & Binding Package - Women's

Save on Rossignol Harmony Board & Binding Package - Women's

she rode my Uninc 152 and did really good on it. didn't think 3 cm is gonna make a diff so i have given thought to buying a new setup for myself and let her ride that board. p.s. love that uninc. thinking bout just getting a new one

B

·
0 Posts
i hope she doesnt starfish like paris hilton...... boring boring boring.

if she's like jasmine byrne, however......

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
can't be too hot since.... "she is a beginner and will prob never go past intermediate level. no park and no jumps"....

the perfect board would be an emery board :laugh::laugh::laugh:

and you are expecting to go snowboarding on a regular basis :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
799 Posts
What makes you think she'll never get past intermediate? If she's not very serious, then any board will be fine, really. None of the boards/packages you listed are very good, but from the way you're describing her, she won't progress so it doesn't matter. It's also a good idea to avoid spending a fortune on nice equipment if you're not sure that she'll stick with it.

And for a beginner, I would say a 149 is a good size. Don't put her on a guys board - give her a board that is made for a woman (softer, narrower, etc.)

If you think she will work hard to progress, spend a bit more to get her a nicer setup. I can give you suggestions if you want.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
haha. knew the pics would get you to read.
HA HA, OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS SO FUCKING FUNNY!! YOU REALLY GOT ME!! I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE, EVER, NOT EVEN ONCE ANYWHERE ELSE ON ANY FORUMS!! HAHAHAHA!! DID YOU THINK OF IT ALL BY YOURSELF!??!!

You do realize there's paperclip icons next to the thread title in the list view if photos are attached, right? And yours didn't have any... I'm sure you've already realized that given your intellectually stimulating level of your humor. Did your rapier-like wit and original sense of humor help you get this girl? If so, she's likely a fucking brain damaged bimbo or you're paying for her services. Either way, if she hasn't left a self-humoring semi-literate jackass like you yet she's probably dumb enough that you could hand her a 2X4 and some epoxy to mount her shoes to it.

Done and done.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This might sound mean or whatever... but if it's YOU who is spending the money then listen to me! If you aren't married and don't have marriage in your sights for several years... don't spend much :p Just being a realist here. Get her something reasonably inexpensive that looks good and you'll be in ;) Unless you've got tons of cash to blow that is lol Then hook her up with something that'll last her through the progression to more advanced boarding.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Tits

Or

Gtfo!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
wow. got some mean ass peeps up in this mothalicka. for the people that were nice and who are going to help me I'm gonna go ahead and put up pics. to the rest of you...ef off. you can tell who is "local mountain bum" status who are thankful to God to be on the mountain and is nice to everyone and those who are "dicks" on the mountain and mean to everyone. grow up

middle

right

she is my wife of 2 years and we have been together for 8. I don't mind spending money on her board. I don't want a crappy beginner board for her but also don't want to drop $1200 on a new setup

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
HA HA, OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS SO FUCKING FUNNY!! YOU REALLY GOT ME!! I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE, EVER, NOT EVEN ONCE ANYWHERE ELSE ON ANY FORUMS!! HAHAHAHA!! DID YOU THINK OF IT ALL BY YOURSELF!??!!

You do realize there's paperclip icons next to the thread title in the list view if photos are attached, right? And yours didn't have any... I'm sure you've already realized that given your intellectually stimulating level of your humor. Did your rapier-like wit and original sense of humor help you get this girl? If so, she's likely a fucking brain damaged bimbo or you're paying for her services. Either way, if she hasn't left a self-humoring semi-literate jackass like you yet she's probably dumb enough that you could hand her a 2X4 and some epoxy to mount her shoes to it.

Done and done.
how does it feel that a self-humoring semi-literate jackass will have a woman that you can only dream of? get a life man...glad you took time out of your day to write such a wonderful piece.

oh and since you are so intelligent Rainman explain to me how can I post pictures without the "attachement paperclip icon". what a ratard

done and done

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What makes you think she'll never get past intermediate? If she's not very serious, then any board will be fine, really. None of the boards/packages you listed are very good, but from the way you're describing her, she won't progress so it doesn't matter. It's also a good idea to avoid spending a fortune on nice equipment if you're not sure that she'll stick with it.

And for a beginner, I would say a 149 is a good size. Don't put her on a guys board - give her a board that is made for a woman (softer, narrower, etc.)

If you think she will work hard to progress, spend a bit more to get her a nicer setup. I can give you suggestions if you want.
she just doesn't have the no fear attitude. she doesn't want to get hurt. she loves to ride...just won't ever do any jumps, rails, etc. she likes tree trails and just cruising so don't think she needs anything special or expensive. just a good freeride board

·
Registered
439 Posts
You can't really expect people to give out serious advice to a girl who, based on your description, isn't really going to be all that into riding. If that is the case, lilfoot gave the best advice when she said that you can get whatever and it'll be fine. But, if she is going to go more than a couple times a season and is actually going to progress, then maybe people will be a little more inclined to recommend a decent beginner setup.

I don't mind beginners who aren't sure that snowboarding is for them, but I could give a shit about people who've already classified themselves as an perpetual beginner

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can't really expect people to give out serious advice to a girl who, based on your description, isn't really going to be all that into riding. If that is the case, lilfoot gave the best advice when she said that you can get whatever and it'll be fine. But, if she is going to go more than a couple times a season and is actually going to progress, then maybe people will be a little more inclined to recommend a decent beginner setup.

I don't mind beginners who aren't sure that snowboarding is for them, but I could give a shit about people who've already classified themselves as an perpetual beginner
we put in 21 days a winter in. we're from oklahoma and make the drive 3-4 times. i'm not saying she won't ever be badass. she is just not going to hit rails and crap. I'm just saying she is not going to be PRO. she has already been twice on my board and can cruise down the mountain edging both sides great. I would like to get her a board she can progress on but what does not jumping or hitting rails have anything to do with it? I am just stating she is not going to ever hit EXPERT or PRO status.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

if you wouldn't mind i'd really appreciate it. danke

·
Registered
439 Posts
we put in 21 days a winter in. we're from oklahoma and make the drive 3-4 times. i'm not saying she won't ever be badass. she is just not going to hit rails and crap. I'm just saying she is not going to be PRO. she has already been twice on my board and can cruise down the mountain edging both sides great. I would like to get her a board she can progress on but what does not jumping or hitting rails have anything to do with it? I am just stating she is not going to ever hit EXPERT or PRO status.
Thats cool then. Just got the impression that she was one of those chicks that was just going to go and not to ride. Those kind of bitches just crowd up the mountain. You still might be able to find a decently priced 2009 setup, but its getting late in the season and she'll be riding a popular size based on her weight. Sierrasnowbord has a 152 Forum Superstar and a forum Luxarie which are both decent boards with lots of room for her to grow if she wants. My friend is a forum whore and she has had both. A 152 is going to be pushing it, weight wise, but she could probably make it work.

If all you want to do is stay south of a grand, forget the rossignols, I haven't mean any chick who likes them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats cool then. Just got the impression that she was one of those chicks that was just going to go and not to ride. Those kind of bitches just crowd up the mountain. You still might be able to find a decently priced 2009 setup, but its getting late in the season and she'll be riding a popular size based on her weight. Sierrasnowbord has a 152 Forum Superstar and a forum Luxarie which are both decent boards with lots of room for her to grow if she wants. My friend is a forum whore and she has had both. A 152 is going to be pushing it, weight wise, but she could probably make it work.

If all you want to do is stay south of a grand, forget the rossignols, I haven't mean any chick who likes them.
yah i've heard lots of good stuff on forum. i'll start looking in that direction. gonna try and pickup boots from whiskeymilitia.com next time they come up. gonna go check out couple local board shops n see what they have. I was hoping to find something later in the season at a big discount but didn't think about 149 being an extremely common setup. she's def not one of the biznitches that crowd up the mountain. she's skiid all her life and i have tried for the longest time to get her to board. she tried it one day and won't go back. was extremely impressed. only took a couple bad spills but picked herself right up and kept trucking. guess i should have clarified that. not a beginner bia but def not a gretchen superstar

·
Registered
439 Posts
yah i've heard lots of good stuff on forum. i'll start looking in that direction. gonna try and pickup boots from whiskeymilitia.com next time they come up. gonna go check out couple local board shops n see what they have. I was hoping to find something later in the season at a big discount but didn't think about 149 being an extremely common setup. she's def not one of the biznitches that crowd up the mountain. she's skiid all her life and i have tried for the longest time to get her to board. she tried it one day and won't go back. was extremely impressed. only took a couple bad spills but picked herself right up and kept trucking. guess i should have clarified that. not a beginner bia but def not a gretchen superstar
Forum is a good brand and I've owned a couple myself. From the research I've done this year, I don't envy girls shopping for gear. Selection is smaller and it seems like most chick riders have pretty similar stats so they ride the same size gear/clothes. The superstar and the Luxirie are among the few decks I would consider if I'm shopping for a budget minded setup.

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
If she never wants to go beyond intermediate or do anything beyond just cruise around the hill, just get whatever board with graphics she likes. Pretty much anything will work.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts