Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

NEED HELP deciding on a snowboard - Burton / Capita / Yes?!?

8K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Nivek 
#1 ·
I am looking at buying a new snowboard and am stuck on what to get

Have done a season in the Alps, I'm not amazing but am at a fairly high level of snowboarding
I'm 21 years old, weigh around 80 kg, 5 ft 8' and medium boot

Am doing a season in New Zealand this summer so don't mind spending the cash for a good board (within reason)

I am a freerider who leans more towards freestyle (basically love riding a bit of everything but spinning and jibbing along the way anywhere I go) And I do love to hit the park days at a time BUT would not buy freestyle/park specific board

I have rode quite a few boards. Hate flat boards or reverse camber boards

Rode the Yes basic board with hybrid camber and loved it (quite heavy though)
And borrowed a mates Burton antler for a day (AMAZING BOARD!!!)

The boards are i was looking at are:

- Yes 'The greats' snowboard
- Burton custom flying V (Twin or not?!?)
- Burton superhero (not sure on this one?)
- Capita defender of awesomeness
- Capita black snowboard of death (Pretty expensive!)

What do you guys think? (or do you recommend a different board?)

My first post so sorry if its a bit messy but would appreciate any recommendations =)

See less See more
#3 ·
I have rode quite a few boards. Hate flat boards or reverse camber boards
Rode the Yes basic board with hybrid camber and loved it (quite heavy though)
What is "reverse camber"? Rocker? Why do you hate them?
If rocker and cause of the wiggly gymball between feet feeling, then you can scratch the Flying V. I'm currently testing a Burton Sherlock with this flying V shape and it behaves very "rocker-ish".

#4 ·
Sorry - I actually meant I do not like traditional camber where the board comes up in the middle (resting on nose and tail)
This is because I love to butter and never catch an edge (doesn't everyone ha!)

So what I actually meant is that I love camber lol!

#6 ·
#5 ·
You mean you love reverse camber, which is rocker.:) In that case look at the Abror Coda or Westmark, Rome has some really nice rocker boards, Flow Verve might be a fun choice. There are really a lot of great options. Also why not the Antler if you rode it and already know you like it?

#9 ·
pretty sure the superhero is flat underfoot and is pretty park specific so I would take that off your list of possibles. I ride a lib tech TRS and its great for all mountain and works wonders in the park and is perfect for all mountain jibbing and jumping, but out of your list I think the capita black snowboard of death is the best for what you want to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.