Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i have switched through 4 boards last year and currently have the 2012 rome mod rocker. Im done switching so i need to make one last purchase and it needs to fit my needs. I am an all mountain rider and like park and backcountry. I was looking at the
-lib tech trs 2013
-lib tech Travis Rice pro 2013
-lib tech skate banana 2013
I am 5'7" 150 pounds with 10.5 boot. Please help
Me decide!

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
I'd keep that Mod Rocker before riding any of those.

Why only Lib?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd keep that Mod Rocker before riding any of those.

Why only Lib?
I just heard they made quality boards. Magnitraction and camber rocker camber. If you have better boards in mind let me know but theyd need to be in the lower 300 price range

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I am a little curious what other boards you had last season that didn't make the cut?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a little curious what other boards you had last season that didn't make the cut?
They were old. A burton troop 151, a forum destroyer 2005 152, i rode my friends ride and it was decent but my favorite by far has been my mod rocker. I just have the money now to spend it on a board thats even better if there is one

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you like Lib check out GNU to, they are the same company pretty much. What are you going to ride most? There is no snowboard that is amazing at everything, most all around boards are kind of mediocre at every thing. Based of those three boards if your going to ride park more, the skate banana, all mountain i would go with the TRS, or for back country the T-rice. not saying one of these cant be used for all just don't expect it to be amazing everywhere. My two cents if your going to ride park more don't go with a skate banana they are way over priced for a jib board. I personally am not a fan of libs crazy hybrid cambers. groomers/all mountain = camber/flat, park = flat/reverse, pow = reverse. Lib tech is reputable and a great brand, but i would look into other options. There are plenty of other reputable brand that make good product for cheaper. Capita, Nitro, Salomon to name a few.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you like Lib check out GNU to, they are the same company pretty much. What are you going to ride most? There is no snowboard that is amazing at everything, most all around boards are kind of mediocre at every thing. Based of those three boards if your going to ride park more, the skate banana, all mountain i would go with the TRS, or for back country the T-rice. not saying one of these cant be used for all just don't expect it to be amazing everywhere. My two cents if your going to ride park more don't go with a skate banana they are way over priced for a jib board. I personally am not a fan of libs crazy hybrid cambers. groomers/all mountain = camber/flat, park = flat/reverse, pow = reverse. Lib tech is reputable and a great brand, but i would look into other options. There are plenty of other reputable brand that make good product for cheaper. Capita, Nitro, Salomon to name a few.
Thanks for your input. I just wanted a board that will go really fast and provide stable landings. (Still perfecting a 360) and can still be decent in park

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sintered bases are faster but the require wax more often, extruded bases are a little slower but the don't take as much maintenance as sintered.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sintered bases are faster but the require wax more often, extruded bases are a little slower but the don't take as much maintenance as sintered.
So would you buy the trice 2013 or keep my mod rocker 2012? Money isnt an issue for my situation. I want a board that rides decent everywhere.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
So would you buy the trice 2013 or keep my mod rocker 2012? Money isnt an issue for my situation. I want a board that rides decent everywhere.
About the same flex and the Mod is just better.

What don't you like about the Mod that you're looking for something new?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts