Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, another thread seeking for help. Please hear me out and keep me safe from myself and others :giggle:

First off im 5'5" 135lb. Intermediate rider. I already have a NS evo 150cm that i rode for 2 season because we don't have many big mountains around here. It's a playful board but im not that experience to fully take advantage of its platform.

Im planning to do a bucket list this year hitting up some bigger mountains, and i've narrow my choice down to NS herritage but can't decide if i want a 155cm or a 158cm.

This is mainly for all mountain ride that i want to use for big grooms, pow, and tree runs while my still evo would be a play board.

Any suggestion, comments, and tips are welcome.

-much gratitude,
chowder

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
what size boot out of curiosity? Honestly...your size, I wouldn't go much over a 150 normally. But being you're looking at pow also, a 153-155 should be okay. For your size, a 158 is rather large. I've got a 158 Custom X and I'm 5'11", 185.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what size boot out of curiosity? Honestly...your size, I wouldn't go much over a 150 normally. But being you're looking at pow also, a 153-155 should be okay. For your size, a 158 is rather large. I've got a 158 Custom X and I'm 5'11", 185.
Thanks for the response! I wear size 8 in my boots

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'm 6' 190 lbs and I ride NS proto 157. I ride Breck, Keystone, Copper, and Abasin along with smaller mountains on the Ice coast. I take it everywhere (bowls,trees,groomers,park) Unless you are looking for and extra board for pow, I'd stick with an all-mountain freestyle that isn't too big for you.

Honestly...your size, I wouldn't go much over a 150 normally.But being you're looking at pow also, a 153-155 should be okay.
I agree.

And you can always set your bindings back to give you're board a little more tip float.

Just try to consider whats best for the riding you will do the most.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 6' 190 lbs and I ride NS proto 157. I ride Breck, Keystone, Copper, and Abasin along with smaller mountains on the Ice coast. I take it everywhere (bowls,trees,groomers,park) Unless you are looking for and extra board for pow, I'd stick with an all-mountain freestyle that isn't too big for you.

I agree.

And you can always set your bindings back to give you're board a little more tip float.

Just try to consider whats best for the riding you will do the most.
re

Thanks Manny! Ive placed an order already. Appreciate the reassurance

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Awesome man! I hate that waiting period after you ordered a board or actually any sweet gear, but when it shows up!!!!!!!! its like a kid at Christmas...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts