Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I started snowboarding 2 years ago and I've started looking into getting a new snowboard. I am looking for a good all-mountain board, able to handle powder but also hit fun lines on groomers. I enjoy to ride switch, cut through trees quickly, carve, butter, and hit the sides. My boot size is 10.5 US Male and I am 5'11'', 130lbs. I've been looking into ideal snowboards and this is what I've got so far:
- Niche Pyre
- Never Summer West
- Never Summer Proto Type 2
- Ride WarPig
- Bataleon Party Wave
- Burton Skeleton Key

Any insight on which of these boards would suit my needs best is most appreciated! Also open to other suggestions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey all,
I started snowboarding 2 years ago and I've started looking into getting a new snowboard. I am looking for a good all-mountain board, able to handle powder but also hit fun lines on groomers. I enjoy to ride switch, cut through trees quickly, carve, butter, and hit the sides. My boot size is 10.5 US Male and I am 5'11'', 130lbs. I've been looking into ideal snowboards and this is what I've got so far:
- Niche Pyre
- Never Summer West
- Never Summer Proto Type 2
- Ride WarPig
- Bataleon Party Wave
- Burton Skeleton Key

Any insight on which of these boards would suit my needs best is most appreciated! Also open to other suggestions.
Add the Yes Globe NSB to your list. That sounds like what you described. I have last years version (Basic Decade) and it doesn't have any weakness for All Mountain. This years version is a bit more damp and has a better top sheet.

I would take the Skeleton Key off the list if you like riding switch. I have one and its not gotta switch very well, and will only be good in softer snow.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
^ditto, Mtn twin ftw. You want something with camber...not the r/f/r of the war pig. And depending on how aggressive you want to be...get more camber. Camber = liveliness and rocker=squirrlies and flat = flat/dead/lifeless. However, you still being unseasoned might not understand this...and you need to eat moar cheeseburgers with bacon and avacados and a giant side of poutaine...Or get a lady's board.

·
Registered
888 Posts
A Custom/full cambered board is going to fit in reasonably good here as an all mountain choice. Brilliant at carving, quick sintered WFO base, moderately stiff, full camber, just dial it right back for the powder assault.

However in powder you'll want a softer, tapered, more largely directional, S-Rocker/flat/rocker ride which will give you a great deal more ease of use, performance and most importantly mind blowing joy. Generally speaking with snowboards, it's all give and take (+/-) with board design.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jones mountain twin. Does everything well.
ive got to get on one of these boards this year, ive heard nothing but good things about them

spoke to some random dude at killington last year who told me it was hands down the best board he had ever ridden

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Jones mountain twin. Does everything well.
ive got to get on one of these boards this year, ive heard nothing but good things about them

spoke to some random dude at killington last year who told me it was hands down the best board he had ever ridden
I wouldn't go that far, but it's at least better than average at most things and really good at resort things. As a one board quiver it's tough to beat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts