Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks for coming. have a seat. Would you like some cofee or soda? great...here you go.

So on the topic of C-boxes, I am following my usual M.O. of only falling on my back. This hurts. I'm trying to ollie onto the box and keep my board on the same angle of the box, but with limited, OK...no results.

It feels like a speed issue, but I don't want to launch off the back. Three runs at it and I would touch the feature and bail.

Any tips or hints would be appreciated and my back thanks you.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The trick is to keep your weight much further forward than u feel u have to. Your falling as soon as you hit the box because your base may be flat, but as soon as it hits the slant of the box, you are on your edge and you'll immediatly slip out. This is why when you ollie of the kicker onto the box, lean forward.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The trick is to keep your weight much further forward than u feel u have to. Your falling as soon as you hit the box because your base may be flat, but as soon as it hits the slant of the box, you are on your edge and you'll immediatly slip out. This is why when you ollie of the kicker onto the box, lean forward.
thanks for the tip. I'll give that a go.

·
Registered
201 Posts
For C-boxes I just aim at the apex of the C and then just try to lean at the same angle as the box
I also find that bluntslides are the easiest trick for maintaining balance throughout the box

C's feel absolutely awesome when you lock onto to them and ride them out clean but they are a bitch to master
I will successfully hit left turning c-box's about 90% of the time and I'm only at about a 50% success rate on the right turning ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts