Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about bindings and need suggestions for a new pair. I think I'm an intermediate rider. I'm looking for bindings that are good for all mountain and park. I haven't bought my board yet but I'm probably getting the NS Infinity.

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I see those bindings mentioned on a few forums. I also see Union bindings a lot. Just want to know which ones better and what I should be looking for.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have heard great things about the Rome Madisons and the Union Trilogy. I prefer a stiffer binding when freeriding, if I am lazing about I'll switch over to my more flexible board with softer bindings. It all depends on preference. Some bindings are made with wider straps others not as wide. I am in love with the Flow Minx SE, a back entry biding, which looks like it might be what you are looking for. I am riding Burton Lexa's and GNU B-Famous. The GNU's were the stiffest I could find locally. Some people on here seem to hate Flow's or love them check em out. And do your research as well.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't know much about bindings and need suggestions for a new pair. I think I'm an intermediate rider. I'm looking for bindings that are good for all mountain and park. I haven't bought my board yet but I'm probably getting the NS Infinity.

Thanks in advance! :D
My Fiancee rides rome Madison's on her Infinity and really likes how they pair. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I initially bought Ride Fames for my Infinity, rode them for about 2 months this season and eventually exchanged them for Burton Lexas. Nothing wrong with Fames' overall performance, I liked them well enough but didn't love them so I kept trying different bindings and I couldn't help but find Lexas superior to others. I have to say that Rome Madison left an impression. But in the end Lexas won with the instant snappy response I just love. Mind me, these bindings aren't as forgiving as Madison, or Trilogy and some people find them a tad stiff for park.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, so it's between Burton Lexa, Rome Madison, Union Triology and Flow Minx SE. I guess I'll do more research.

What do I look for in a good binding? What kind of baseplate would be good for me?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where I ride it snows occasionally but it's mostly icy and packed snow.
Have you heard anything about the NOW bindings? I see they only have them in mens though, does that matter?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where I ride it snows occasionally but it's mostly icy and packed snow.
Have you heard anything about the NOW bindings? I see they only have them in mens though, does that matter?
Yes it matters. As someone who is constantly dissastified with the choices women have in this sport there are reasons for the differences. The bindings for men will be wider to accommodate a wider boot and will also have a higher high back to accommodate how high they are. It will put a lot of pressure on your calf and hurt.

Also I ride as much Colorado powder as I can and have no problem with my rear entry bindings. :D

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I got my lady the Raiden Lynx and she is digging them so much more than the PITA POS Flow Muse she had before. Comfy straps, airbag dampening, full length footbed and they look cool too lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have Burton Lexas and Rome Madisons.

The madisons are way, way better but a lot stiffer too. Almost a bit too stiff, but Im not too picky I just ride whatever. Don't know what kind of boots you have but the Lexas were a touch too narrow for my 32 Lashed. I had to cram my foot in there, but I have hugely fat feet. Also, after about 100+ days of riding the Lexas started slipping, I probably could have replaced the straps but you know..why bother. Just buy new ones eh? Besides I got an old board I could put them on for the local mtn.

The Madisons are a lot stiffer then the Lexas, which worked out well since my 32 boots are pretty soft. I wanted sitffer boots but now Im a ok with the soft boot/siff binding combo. The madisons are quite a step up in adjustment level too, they're really nice. Took a bit of adjusting after being used to the Lexas but I really like them.

I got mine for $104 shipped from Evo. Last years model. They might still have some. The only bummer was they are blinding white, which sucks. I wanted some ugly neon orange or green. Union bindings, now those are fucking ugly and I wanted them!!! but Im cheap. what can I say lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a nice set up she has. I like the colour of the bindings too.

The Madisons are a lot stiffer then the Lexas, which worked out well since my 32 boots are pretty soft. I wanted sitffer boots but now Im a ok with the soft boot/siff binding combo. The madisons are quite a step up in adjustment level too, they're really nice. Took a bit of adjusting after being used to the Lexas but I really like them.

I got mine for $104 shipped from Evo. Last years model. They might still have some. The only bummer was they are blinding white, which sucks. I wanted some ugly neon orange or green. Union bindings, now those are fucking ugly and I wanted them!!! but Im cheap. what can I say lol
Do you ever go to the park? Do you think the Madisons are too stiff for tricks, jumps, etc?
Do you think the Union bindings are better?

·
Registered
238 Posts
idk where or pow u ride, but if its deep and treewells don't do rear entry binders...they can be more of a hazzard/death trap
To be fair, the FLOW SE models are not really a problem. It would suck to have to use them like a normal binding just because you'd have to readjust them instead of the "set it and forget it," but they work pretty much just like a normal binding if for some reason you cannot take the high-back down.

My wife uses the Minx-SE and while she was initially annoyed getting them just right she's never had any problems with them in the pow out here in Utah. I don't know if I would recommend the to a complete beginner, having said all that, just because setting them up can be a pain in the butt.

·
Registered
616 Posts
That's a nice set up she has. I like the colour of the bindings too.

Do you ever go to the park? Do you think the Madisons are too stiff for tricks, jumps, etc?
Do you think the Union bindings are better?
I will hit small park jumps but I don't do boxes or rails...Well, Im trying to get over my fear of boxes. I will do ride on boxes if Im drunk enough :D I haven't taken the madisons to the park yet, but I will be tomorrow :D I think they will do fine if I don't ratchet them down SUPER tight. I find I like to have my feet locked in tight on steeper stuff or icy stuff...

I know nothing about Union bindings other then I like the way they look and they're a hot topic on this forum. Some hardcore lovers and haters lol!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts