Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. I'm in SC and finally got my first board from a neighbor (2010 Burton Hero) and have been on a couple trips using rental boots. I don't remember the models, but i remember on my keystone trip I had some size 12's with the lower pull-to-tighten wire, and the upper twisty crank wire lace thing. I liked how snugly I could get those, but they were loose around the toe. Back in NC at Sugar Mountain, I tried some size 11's with the same lower wire lace but they had regular laces on the upper half. My toes were jammed up against the front of the boot especially when i went on my heel edge, partly because I couldn't get the laces tight enough for my feet to stop sliding forward a tiny bit. And Trying to do butters or ollies (which i'm just starting to learn) was hard because it felt like my front foot was just trying to slide out of the boot because the whole thing was just soft.

So, I think I need a men's 11.5 or 12 that's pretty stiff with the wire crank thing on the top. My budget is pretty low (as a student lol) and I really don't even know where to start looking around. I'm probably looking at secondhand because the crappiest new pairs are at the top end of my budget. Could you guys point me in the right direction and give maybe some mid range models/years to look for that would be in my budget after being worn for a season or two?

·
Registered
855 Posts
It's gonna be hard without trying boots on in person. If the 11s hurt due to sliding forward, they were too big. Measure your feet and get your mondo size as per the boots section. Boots pack out over use and mold themselves to the owner's foot. If you get secondhand boots, try to find ones that have less than five or ten days on them. I'd look for new old stock on the internet instead. If you're not too picky about brand/model I'm sure you could find something reasonable out there that's gonna mold to your foot properly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's gonna be hard without trying boots on in person. If the 11s hurt due to sliding forward, they were too big. Measure your feet and get your mondo size as per the boots section. Boots pack out over use and mold themselves to the owner's foot. If you get secondhand boots, try to find ones that have less than five or ten days on them. I'd look for new old stock on the internet instead. If you're not too picky about brand/model I'm sure you could find something reasonable out there that's gonna mold to your foot properly.
well, the 11's were against my toes from the start. they would just ram up against the front even more when i was riding and hurt. just a really old rental pair that were falling apart so it's hard to judge the feel of them anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts