Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headphones Question: Durability or Sound

Hey I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. Should I focus on the durability or the quality of sound? Last season I used a pair of smokin buds, but they broke, and sounded horrible. :huh::huh:

Please let me know!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. Should I focus on the durability or the quality of sound. Last season I used a pair of smokin buds on the mountain, but they broke, and sounded horrible. :huh::huh: Looking to get over ear ones to keep my ears warm, but Let me know whatever.

Please let me know!!!

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
Personally I wouldn't spend much on headphones to use for riding. Chances are high they're gonna get fucked up. Wires yanked out, broken, drenched, etc.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Personally I wouldn't spend much on headphones to use for riding. Chances are high they're gonna get fucked up. Wires yanked out, broken, drenched, etc.
I concur. I'd rather own a few cheap headphones that don't sound terrible then 1 expensive pair that may sound better if I wasn't going various speeds down a mtn.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I use some cheap skull candy head phones with my helmet and a nicer beats cord from my iPod to plug in. I have replaced the headphones twice but it was like 10 dollars each time. Why would I spend 200 dollars on headphones and not spend it on boots, bindings or a board instead?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use some cheap skull candy head phones with my helmet and a nicer beats cord from my iPod to plug in. I have replaced the headphones twice but it was like 10 dollars each time. Why would I spend 200 dollars on headphones and not spend it on boots, bindings or a board instead?
Yeah.but Phillps/O'Neill collab headphones are killer for boarding.Sound great doen't break and even helmet compatible.Can be used besides boarding too.Frends Alli and Kicker HP201 are good too.Highly reccomended

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
Yeah.but Phillps/O'Neill collab headphones are killer for boarding.Sound great doen't break and even helmet compatible.Can be used besides boarding too.Frends Alli and Kicker HP201 are good too.Highly reccomended
The headband on those Philips/O'Neils sucks ass. I had them and it broke with the quickness.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Get Beats by Dr.Dre. They are very cheap and have the best sound quality in my opinion.
If your talking about the big over the ear ones....No. Those will fall off and break in a heartbeat. And the earbuds stick out of your ears too much.

Try JVC XX Xplosives. There $15 online and have sounds quality comparable to $100 headphones. Amazing bass. Try em out.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My K2 Rant Pro audio helmet has built in speakers and aux plug in the back of the helmet. It's super comfy and versatile. Versatile meaning its many helpful benefits.

Clip on the back holds my goggles.
Aux plug in the back allows for easy disconnect without damaging hardware.
Stays dry in the pow due to the shell.
Protects the most important part of the body.
Soft liner, comfy and warm.

and the speakers being in the helmet keeps them on your head instead of being slung off from hard landings or wipe outs.

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
If your talking about the big over the ear ones....No. Those will fall off and break in a heartbeat. And the earbuds stick out of your ears too much.

Try JVC XX Xplosives. There $15 online and have sounds quality comparable to $100 headphones. Amazing bass. Try em out.
Dude had to be trolling about the Beats.

x2 on the JVCs. Those are my beat around headphones. Ultrasone HFI-580s for everything else.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
My whole family rides with helmets. Son uses whatever buds skull candy sends us for free. My wife and I use the skull candy speakers that go in the ear pads of the helmet, home brew kit.... They are like $7-8. They last a full season of 100-150 days riding, the buds and the speakers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I switched to some bluetooth outdoor technology headphones last season. No cords is soooo nice. I recommend them a milli

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I switched to some bluetooth outdoor technology headphones last season. No cords is soooo nice. I recommend them a milli
Only problem with Bluetooth is that it kills the battery too fast. I typically ride 5-7 hours a day and my phone dies in 2.5 hours with Bluetooth. It lasts all day and through the night at work using a cord.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Gotta love the successfulness of marketing for beats headphones. Those things are notoriously the biggest pieces of shit for the price.
You're boarding.... i use Skullcandy ink'd w/ mic in case someone calls me

·
Registered
55 Posts
Only problem with Bluetooth is that it kills the battery too fast.
Yeah I'm sure battery life would be a problem for some on long days. I've found airplane mode works for me on fullies and I still have a lot of battery for the ride home.

I'm sure they are not for every1. Some diehards still rock walkmans, and that's cool too. I'm just saying that having no cords is fucking glorious imo.

My issue with them was that It was too cold @ around -35ºC and the headphones would shutdown when I tried to wear them outside my touque.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. Should I focus on the durability or the quality of sound? Last season I used a pair of smokin buds, but they broke, and sounded horrible. :huh::huh:

Please let me know!!!
I rode last season with a pair of outdoor technology dj slims. You won't be able to wear them with a helmet but otherwise for the price they are awesome. they are extremely lightweight, bluetooth, make/receive phone calls, controls are simple and useable with gloves on and the sound quality is pretty damn good. I wear them over my beanie but under my googles....kept them on for all but the nastiest slams.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts