Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking to buy a new pair of boots and wanted a some help on which type of boot to go for.

I recently picked up a pair of Burton Hails 2013 for a really good price as they were last season. They luckily had my size, I tried them on and they felt so nice compared to my old boots (some old Salomon F20's - 2007 I think) also the hails are a lot softer then the Salomons if I am not mistaken, which is where I think I might have gone wrong...

I am doing a season out in Whistler this year and I want a boot that is going to suit my needs, I am a average snowboarder, I can do most runs if not all quite confidently and during my time in whistler I want to start learning some freestyle. This makes me think I'd want a medium flex boot which holds up when I am just riding the piste and when I am trying out some freestyle it's still soft. Am I right in thinking this?

I will be using my 2013 Bataleon Aerobic board with Rome 390 boss bindings which I really enjoyed riding earlier this year. Am I going to struggle with a soft boot or will I get use to it pretty quickly?

Or should I find myself a medium flex boot?

thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
relax...go to whistler with your 2 pairs and ride abit then get some if needed....since u got a whole season there
I am worried about the boots being too soft and me not getting on with them at all, then having to spend more money on a new pair while I'm over there.

I could take the hails back now, wait for the new season boots to come out, try a load of pairs on (instead of just 1 seeing as that's all they had left in the shop from the last season) and go from there...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also the salomons are showing their age now, a few of the plastic hook lace things have broke which is why I am looking at a new pair of boots

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Buy a pair when you get there, cheaper than the UK...

I actually know someone who rides over here in Norway who loves soft boots, swears by them, but when he starts banging out tricks in the park, he sticks a plastic ruler down the back of his boots to stiffen them up, i laughed the 1st time i saw this, but he is mad on a board and can land some awesome tricks....

So who is the crazy one, him for being comfortable and riding 1 pair of boots, or me for buying 2 sets a year because i like stiff boots... Not so sure on that one...

It is much like advice on everything you do, until you try it, you are worrying over the unknown...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts