Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my local hill is white pass. WA, which sorta sucks because its a small mountain and the park sorta sucks there. Plus there's not a lot of camps. Anyways i want to start progressing even more. So i was thinking of going to some camp to work on my skills. Anyone know any good camps that are near my area ? or any tips thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Well, Mt. Hood is the closest place to you with camps that I can think of. As for tips, it's hard to give them without some specific thing you're looking to work on. Progression can encompass soooo many things. Finally, I like White Pass, and if you get out on the hill and away from the park, the mountain isn't too small at all. Oh, and I hope I can get down for Rhythm N Bruise this year. It's on my Birthday weekend and just looks like so much fun!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, Mt. Hood is the closest place to you with camps that I can think of. As for tips, it's hard to give them without some specific thing you're looking to work on. Progression can encompass soooo many things. Finally, I like White Pass, and if you get out on the hill and away from the park, the mountain isn't too small at all. Oh, and I hope I can get down for Rhythm N Bruise this year. It's on my Birthday weekend and just looks like so much fun!
well i want to start into park a lot more and thought the best way to do it would be going to a camp

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Going to a camp certainly won't hurt you. In fact, it will likely make you better. However, go there with a purpose. You should have some things specifically you would like to work on. And personally, IMO, the best way to start on some park stuff is to get into a park and start doing it. You'll never learn without practice, and the more you ride, the better you will get. Think of a camp like a bonus, not like the only way to learn. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to a camp certainly won't hurt you. In fact, it will likely make you better. However, go there with a purpose. You should have some things specifically you would like to work on. And personally, IMO, the best way to start on some park stuff is to get into a park and start doing it. You'll never learn without practice, and the more you ride, the better you will get. Think of a camp like a bonus, not like the only way to learn. ;)
the first step to improvement is failure. I could always teach myself. Since going to a camp is unlikely

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.