Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was wonder if anyone here has or is planing on building a snowboard box for some back yard jibbing i have a small budget like less than 150 i want a box but i have been thinking about some of those plastic drain pipe ive seen some videos of those sliding really well and i was thinking of price those would be the best bet and thanks in advance

·
Registered
230 Posts
ya its actually called pvc pipe.... it works well and is cheap. my dad had some extra pvc sheets at work whic work better. goood luck

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm building a HUGE box. 12 ft long 4 feet wide, with a 2ft mini quater? (sort of) on the side.

So far,
-my plywood's free
-2 pieces of coping were free, need to buy a third, unless I can find one!
-17 2x4x12's for $17.... Mad deal!
- self driving wood screws, $16 for 150? count.

Have made the box frame so far. looking for a counter top surface for the top. No way in fuck do I wanna spend the money for the good shit.
Far too big for that.

Once I get the top surface and last peice of coping I should be able to put er all together and have a fucking sweet setup.

With this box I'm going to make my flat 8' round rail, a 20 foot rail to hubba.

My up-rail will have the quater on the box for a landing like a hip.

And I should have enough surface of the top to learn watever the fuck I want.

Pretty stoked, cant wait to have it all together and in place for the snow.

^ that should be the gerneral look of the face when its done, stretching 12 feet. Box on top of box, I got so many lines in my head.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats a good idea a little to elaborate for my liking tho but good idea hahaha im think of just a simple ride on 180 off kinda thing ill probably make it short because im a beginner less injury hahahahaha thanks for the ideas

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Not a box but if you can get some standard hand rail tube. Two bends and you have yourself a rail. Its pretty cheap as well. Got some thats galvinized (spelling?) so it won't rust.

·
Registered
438 Posts
good place to get HDPE or UHMW sheeting is usplastics.com
you should be able to get the plastic and other box materials for under $150 depending on how big your box is

i covered a 12' by 1' and a 8' by 1' box with HDPE for like $90 i think

if your looking for other ideas check out my backyard park

Pictures by nitroboarder - Photobucket

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks and HDPE 90 for both boxes or just one and my box is 10 feet long by 1.5 feet wide and about 2.5 too 3 feet tall i have all the scrape wood all ready i just need the hdpe or UHMW

·
Registered
438 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts