Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
FYI check the link below for an interesting discussion on invalidating patents. I'm not speculating of course, but finding legal recourse and learning about this unwieldy patent system is pretty neat. Microsoft is trying to get out of a $290M judgement and injunction request. A lot of companies are teaming up in support of MS. I don't mean to stir up arguments of whether this would happen in the snowboard industry - and I really don't care as long as they keep making boards.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/10/strange-bedfellows-eff-apache-back-microsoft-in-patent-dispute.ars

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
I think it was actually Tracey. I have a photo of Mike Olson talking to NS in the NS booth at SIA. I'll have to dig it up.
Interesting. Then you will have evidence that NS lied about something... this is getting really interesting now... well not the patent thing. The war between these two haha.

Who wants to see Burton get in on this and claim that the Flying-V was in the works long before Mervin and NS's tech???

·
Veteran Member
11,531 Posts
I'd rather they just drop it and let sleeping dogs lie myself.

It was definitely the lawyers that contacted Neversummer. They got a cease and desist. Owners don't have those served. As far as Tim and Mike talking, it could of happened. The interview was from Tracey's perspective.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seems like they should agree not to contest any patents and charge each other one pizza for every thousand boards sold.
Does Never Summer charge pizza rates for MTX?

·
Registered
12,281 Posts
Fuck it they both should send me pizza cause 1. I'm hungry and 2. I like pizza then I'll write something that ego strokes everyone involved and will talk about rainbows ejaculating from the penis's being waved around in this conflict. It'll be glorious. MMMM pizza.

141 - 148 of 148 Posts