Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am in the process of replacing most of my gear. My foot size is 28 cm (11 - 11.5 US) and I have purchased Union Atlas L/XL, could always swap out for a M/L later but from the reviews on these forums M/L maxes out at US11. 5'11, approx 68 kg (150 lbs?).

I am thinking about purchasing a Never Summer Proto CT 157, but am concerned with toe drag with boot size / setup.

I am coming from a wide board, Burton Bullet (very, happy to say goodbye to this, my first board) 157 with a waist width of 158mm if I'm not mistaken using a US12 boot (didn't know enough about boots with my first set of gear)

Any advice / suggestions would be appreciated; on if I could get CT 157 with boot size of US11/US11.5 and perhaps what boots might be good choice. Or alternatively, should I get 158W?

Cheers!

Richard

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If you get boots with a reduced footprint (they are common with many makers) your 11.5 will have the same outer size as a 10.5.

You will have absolutely no problems with the regular size 157.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dreampow, do you have any general recommendations for the boots - or is it purely what fits best?

Also do you think going 11.5 with the type of boot your recommending with 10.5 outer, bad choice in getting Atlas L/XL instead of the M/L?

Appreciate the advice, cheers!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You to try on boots and get something that fits your feet snugly, but not painfully. Unless you have a specific riding style mid flex is the way to go.

As for bindings its hard when you are right between two sizes. I wear a size 11 with reduced footprint so its like a 10. I use Burton bindings and the L was too big so I had to exchange it for M after.

Once you decide on the boots, then make sure you get the bindings that fit best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts