Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like my proto type 2, but Never Summer can be a little over the top with their marketing. So I am a pretty skeptical of their new "revolutionary" camber profile. Triple Camber profile, has this been done before by anyone else? I can't imagine how this would ride, or what benefit 3 sections of camber would bring you. There is limited info on their site as to what the profile actually is, other than an off angle edge picture. Is it RCRCRCR, or CRCRC? Or is it a long section of camber made up of 3 sections of different camber strengths? I don't really understand it, and it seems strange. Anyone have any insight on what this is and how it would translate into on snow performance? I have absolutely no interest in buying this thing, I'm simply asking out of curiosity and confusion.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn’t a overarching camber made up of 2 camber sections just be C3?

To me that picture looks like overall Rocker shape made of 3 camber sections.
That's what I thought and that's partly what prompted my question, but how is that new or revolutionary when Mervin has been doing it for years, and how can they patent it if another brand has been and is currently doing it. Their description is so vague and gimmicky that I can't tell what it is, is it really 3 individual camber zones separated by rocker, or is it a C3 rip off?

·
Registered
76 Posts
i've ridden a few NS rockers, the new fusion camber stuff... they're ok, they turn, pop, float and all that.. not really my cup of tea, i could live with if i rode powder every day.. i've always ran back to true camber/hybrid camber decks. make no mistake never summer boards are built to last for sure, glad to see they started making the hybrid 'hammer' deck!

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
I rode some Head boards with a profile that looked very similar. It was shit. This is a wildely pathetic attempt to make something different. This board is 1000% marketing. Never Dumber must think y’all are real dumb to believe that adding a little tiny micro camber zone in their massive rocker zone will make any twin ride deep snow just like a directional and heavily tapered pow specific board. Or maybe they’re just marketing it to people that buy their cars blinker fluid? Yeah, that must be it.

We heard you like camber! So we added camber to your rocker camber so you can use camber in your rocker!

·
Registered
76 Posts
NS always made bad ass decks, made in the usa quality! they last decades.. yep, all that magic potion is total marketing.. 'lets put a flat spot in the middle, wave the sides out and reverse the camber' 'well give the market 30 to 40 different models to choose from' 'then every year we keep improving what we called perfect last year' wtf? The market almost has to go back to camber/hybrid and stop all that weird side chit.. NS has clearly gone down a path that they'll be the last ones to give up the 'fusion rocker camber' trickery.

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,560 Posts
I was a NS fanboy for years. I still like their decks. They are solid construction, fast bases, topsheets that don't get scratched by a passing cloud. But the fact is, I've found other brands of boards that ride better. I don't wish them ill, but I'm not buying NS these days. I think I would reconsider though if they'd bring out a traditional camber board.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was a NS fanboy for years. I still like their decks. They are solid construction, fast bases, topsheets that don't get scratched by a passing cloud. But the fact is, I've found other brands of boards that ride better. I don't wish them ill, but I'm not buying NS these days. I think I would reconsider though if they'd bring out a traditional camber board.
i feel the same... tried a new NS 160 drag free west bound fusion rocker camber, sold it right away, rode got a new NS 165x hammer the new hydbrid camber deck...loved it, but found the 164w ride mtnpig to be more my liking. still have my 170 NS legacy carbon vmaxII that still rides excellent!. yes, allot of other decks ride great. you'd think a company would stop shooting themselves in the foot...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i feel the same... tried a new NS 160 drag free west bound fusion rocker camber, sold it right away, rode got a new NS 165x hammer the new hydbrid camber deck...loved it, but found the 164w ride mtnpig to be more my liking. still have my 170 NS legacy carbon vmaxII that still rides excellent!. yes, allot of other decks ride great.
I'm pretty sure the hammer is a traditional all camber board, not a hybrid profile like all their other boards?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just wanted to weigh in on this discussion. I ride in CO, primarily in Steamboat and picked up the FR recently, rode it for the first time this weekend in knee deep pow, groomers and tree runs. NS got it right with this board, it is quiver killer, it sticks to your line and rides like a champ, especially in deep powder. My only complaint is it takes a bit to get used to on icy catwalks. Other then that, I would recommend this board to someone who is an advanced rider and wants a board that will turn on a dime and float in the deep pow.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts