Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in the market for a new board in the next couple weeks, and unfortunately a demo is not an option. I am currently riding a 2014 NS Cobra and have loved it so want to stick with the brand. My riding is mostly in the Northeast right now in Vermont, and style is mostly trees, steeps, bumps with minimal jibbing on side features. No park. I like a board with a fair amount of torsional flex so I have ankle play, but not a noodle in any direction so I still have some edge hold on those boiler plate days. What's your thoughts if you've ridden either?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Ripsaw is a heavy board compared to the Type two. I've found the Type Two to be a more all around board that can still be playful and stable set it back a bit and its decent in powder also. The ripsaw is what it is if you style is up charging fast. Ripsaw is where its at. Its more stiff than the type two. If your interested in a ripsaw? I have a older Ripsaw i can give you for 200, its a 159 from 2017. Nothing has changed on the ripsaw since 2016 except for graphics. or a 2014 Proto HD 157 for 100

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Ripsaw is a heavy board compared to the Type two. I've found the Type Two to be a more all around board that can still be playful and stable set it back a bit and its decent in powder also. The ripsaw is what it is if you style is up charging fast. Ripsaw is where its at. Its more stiff than the type two. If your interested in a ripsaw? I have a older Ripsaw i can give you for 200, its a 159 from 2017. Nothing has changed on the ripsaw since 2016 except for graphics. or a 2014 Proto HD 157 for 100
Well shit that's a curve-ball lol. I can get 1 board on pro-form in all honesty and you make me think I'll like the proto a little more then, but for $200 I'm kind of curious. How beat up is the ripsaw?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well shit that's a curve-ball lol. I can get 1 board on pro-form in all honesty and you make me think I'll like the proto a little more then, but for $200 I'm kind of curious. How beat up is the ripsaw?
its about a 7 out of 10. its been sitting for a year, I've been riding my Iguchi board more often now. I'm in Connecticut so i go up north to ride.I also have bindings. that i don't use anymore. You may not be interested in them but for 50 dollars more i can throw them in. Flow NX2 GT large. If you dont mind the back entry bindings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its about a 7 out of 10. its been sitting for a year, I've been riding my Iguchi board more often now. I'm in Connecticut so i go up north to ride.I also have bindings. that i don't use anymore. You may not be interested in them but for 50 dollars more i can throw them in. Flow NX2 GT large. If you dont mind the back entry bindings.
Yah the bindings I would pass on. If you want to shoot me a message and I can give you my phone number or something. I'd be curious just to see a picture of the deck and base and maybe try to connect sometime.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
The Ripsaw rips pretty hard, at least the 162X does for a 200lb aggressive rider. It's one of the fastest twins I've been on for most conditions. Cambered boards have a tendency to dig in and submarine a bit in softer snow which slows you down; the Ripsaw floats instead. I'd describe it as a saucer sled with edge hold. At my weight it doesn't feel overly stiff, nor does it have a speed limit.

Comparable, but different, boards: Hot Knife (slightly stiffer and more aggressive than the Ripsaw), Space Case (similar profile to Ripsaw, but unstable over 45mph)

If I were riding east coast I'd be on a camber board for sure but the Ripsaw would be a top pick if I had to ride a CRC twin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Ripsaw rips pretty hard, at least the 162X does for a 200lb aggressive rider. It's one of the fastest twins I've been on for most conditions...
Thanks for the info. I'm 5'6" but stocky at 210lbs. I don't get the full leverage on a board due to height but weight does obvs affect flex a makes it a point or 2 softer usually. I haven't ridden a pure cambered board in 10 years and have been using hybrids really. Might get both now honestly since I have an open offer for a used ripsaw. Then I can ride both and figure it out over a season. My boots are ride insano's whuch are super stiff and flux tm binding which are maybe a 7ish. I also have some Burton step ons with photons and an older pair of Rossy bindings with metal chassis so I can definitely ay around with different stiffnesses as well. I will be doing 5 days in Aspen in January, and there's a chance I'll be moving to winter park in March so not sure if that changes anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts