Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking at a new big mountain board for next season, and am looking particularly at the Never Summer Raptor or Premier F1, or the Venture Zephyr (solid). I know a bit about Never Summer (I have an SL, but it's a freestyle board and I'm not a fan), but am not too familiar with Venture. What's the quality of their boards? Anyone ridden one? Also, I believe the NS boards have a combination of Rocker and Camber technology, whereas the Venture boards are now all Rocker.

I've never been on a rockered or hybrid board, so I am curious to know (as a cambered board rider) which of the technologies is better for my style - all mountain, powder, steeps, speed, carving but very little park and no switch riding.

I'm also considering the Ride Highlife, but I already have two Ride boards, though that's not a deal breaker. I really like their stuff. Being from the East Coast, I want a big mountain, directional board that can't be found in every corner shop or that I will have a hard time identifying when I come out of the lodge (read: Burton).

Thanks for any advice you can provide...

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Never Summer SL is a hybrid between rocker and camber. From what you describe your style to be I would definitely stick to cambered boards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts