Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I owned the 2013 version of both. They've made tweaks to both for 2014, but I think fundamentally the differences between the two are similar. For me the Heritage is as good as it gets for moving aggressively and quickly all over the mountain. I personally didn't care for the Raptor much at all. I think it was mostly the sidecut that I didn't like, but I felt like it just wanted to shove me down the fall line. Like it just wanted to change directions moreso than turn. As beefy as the Raptor is, I never felt really comfortable hauling ass on chopped up snow because quick corrections and adjustments didn't come as reflexively as on the Heritage. On early morning groomers the Raptor was a thing of beauty, but I'm not an early morning groomer kind of guy.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ride pretty much the whole mountain. the woods are my home but speed is my friend. the only thing i dont do is jibbing.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i was lookin up the 2 boards is seems for 2014 the both got stiffer. my gut says go with the heritage cause the raptor may be to stiff to relax every once in a while. how was the heritage at ludicrous speed.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Heritage for in bounds, Raptor for out of bounds.

They are going to ride pretty different but as far as "type" of riding, neither are freestyle decks.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Heritage for in bounds, Raptor for out of bounds.

They are going to ride pretty different but as far as "type" of riding, neither are freestyle decks.
Sorry, disagree. NS labels the Heritage their "Big Mountain Freestyle" deck and I reckon that is exactly what it is - throwing tricks of all kinds of features, including on steeps and off big kickers, is what this board was made for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts