Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My parents got me this board for my birthday.
Problem is i am not an experienced rider.

I have about 15days of total riding.. They simply went online and bought the board after talking with a sales person online..

However i was already looking into buying a never summer board next year after getting some more time under my belt on the snowboard.

Should i keep the board and bite the harder learning process ?

I love the idea of doing natural jumps and switch riding / maybe a little park once i am good enough..

Any help would be appreciated..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hi guys,

My parents got me this board for my birthday.
Problem is i am not an experienced rider.

I have about 15days of total riding.. They simply went online and bought the board after talking with a sales person online..

However i was already looking into buying a never summer board next year after getting some more time under my belt on the snowboard.

Should i keep the board and bite the harder learning process ?

I love the idea of doing natural jumps and switch riding / maybe a little park once i am good enough..

Any help would be appreciated..
it might take more effort to worry about all that than to learn to push the board harder. you got a sweet deck, definitely go out and ride it as much as you can.

·
Registered
317 Posts
A little depends on you but I really doubt you'll have problems. It's more board than you need at your stage but apart from being a fraction stiffer than ideal it's otherwise a very easy board to ride and you will soon appreciate it. Enjoy it!

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
the new HD's contact points are lifted, whereas the original CT's contact points were...well...I'd say downright unforgiving.

It is still no beginner board, but imo that thing is THE deck. Stoked for you man. Detune the tips about 1-2 inches thru the contact points and have fun. Ride it on a rail it doesn't like flatbasing and neither does your technique coach.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Go ride it. You'll love it. It's a fun board for sure, and it will cover your riding needs well.

·
Registered
451 Posts
P.S. can your parents remember my bday from now on too?!?! sounds like they are awesome, you should tell them how awesome they are!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did thank them :D and told them they are the best parents one could imagine ;)

And thanks for the replies :D i will keep the board and ride as much as possible :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just picked up the Proto HD myself. Can't wait for the season to start down here so I can take it for a spin. Your parents are awesome.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Ride it. You got lucky.

I do recommend softening the contact points. No need to fully detune it. Just soften it a little.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah, they've just got NS in this season. Had been looking at shipping one over, so I was stoked to see NS in their promo catalogue because the shipping was gonna be pretty expensive.
They've had it for at least a couple now :p I remember the 2013 Cobra from last year.
The proto is still $950!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been riding my 154 proto HD over the weekend. Pretty good edge hold on the ice we call snow over here in Australia. Slapped a set of now IPO bindings on it for good measure.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Ns...

Every snowboarders dream deck. :yahoo: :bowdown: :yahoo: :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts