Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been thinking about what board to buy for this season and its come down to the NS Proto hd. My question is whether i should get the hd or the hd x.

Height: 5' 11"
weight: 145 lbs
Boot Size : 12

My feet probably wont grow any more seeing how my dad is only a size 9. I've ridden a Ride Kink 158cm wide the past 3 or 4 seasons and i dug it, but i was wondering what you guys thought about what size proto i should check out.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am about your height and weight and I went with the 154. I'm size 10.5 so I can't comment on the width deal, once I get it (should be next weekend) I can post how the regular width looks with the 10.5's.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I am about your height and weight and I went with the 154. I'm size 10.5 so I can't comment on the width deal, once I get it (should be next weekend) I can post how the regular width looks with the 10.5's.
I wear a size 10 and the over hang on mine is perfect with a little room to spare. Mine is a 157 and its only 2mm wider.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
155 hdx

If you think you will gain less than 10lbs during the life of the board you could easily ride the 152 even.

I have no troubles on a 154 all mountain (even deep pow) 30lbs heavier than u.

On the other hand you may fill out ALOT the next 2 years. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Every time I read threads about 5-18 year olds with size 22 boots, I can't help but think people are improperly sized. I remember reading somewhere that 50-60% of people in first world countries wear the wrong size shoes - it's also very likely that I never read that and just made it up. I've been quoting it for so long that I don't remember. I should stop ranting. So how are those Bruins doing? Hopefully dominating the preseason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies everyone and tdn i believe i'm fitted right haha my boots are snug and my feet stopped growing when i was 12 so iv been measured plenty of times with the same result.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
FWIW, I'm a size 11 (Burton Ion) and actually sold a 158 Proto CTX for being too wide. The 157 CT was a much better fit with no toe drag.

Due to your weight and needing a shorter board, I would go with the 152 HDX. I was on the 157 at 6'3" 210 lbs...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts