Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its going to be my second season , i just need some help with choosing a board the evo or the sl?? which board do you guys recomend? thanx in advance:dunno:
i got my s-turns down , im not doing nothing crazy. yet! lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
its going to be my second season , i just need some help with choosing a board the evo or the sl?? which board do you guys recomend? thanx in advance:dunno:
i got my s-turns down , im not doing nothing crazy. yet! lol
More in the park than out = Evo
More out the park than in = SL

Easy.

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
More in the park than out = Evo
More out the park than in = SL

Easy.
Halfway in between = Proto.

The Evo is basically a park stick that can hold it's own outside the park.
The SL is a great all-around board with a slight setback. It's a slightly directional twin that's stiffer than the SL, but still soft enough to have fun on.
The Proto is a true twin with blunted tips with a flex similar to that of the SL.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Or the SL just because it is less limited than the Evo. The Evo will fold in pow and flutter at speed.

Imo the Evo should be reserved as a jib board (there are just WAYYY better all mountain alternatives).

The SL will be there as your skills grow and allow you to take it anywhere. If I was considering an SL however, I would get the Proto instead hands down unless money is the factor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or the SL just because it is less limited than the Evo. The Evo will fold in pow and flutter at speed.

Imo the Evo should be reserved as a jib board (there are just WAYYY better all mountain alternatives).

The SL will be there as your skills grow and allow you to take it anywhere. If I was considering an SL however, I would get the Proto instead hands down unless money is the factor.
out ot the evo and the proto what are the diffrences? i looked on the website it looks like its just abit stiffer...but i dont really know, money is not a issue...your input is much aprreciated, thanx

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
out ot the evo and the proto what are the diffrences? i looked on the website it looks like its just abit stiffer...but i dont really know, money is not a issue...your input is much aprreciated, thanx
The Evo will fold in pow and flutter at speed.

Pretty much answered u already so just quoted myself :D

If you are riding really light, say 135-150lbs on a 154 Evo, you may like that. I was 180lbs on a 154 and for me, it is just not enough board outside of jibbing.

The Proto dominates everything but once broken in is easily pressable.

You'll have to ask a more specific question if this doesn't cover it.

Yes I have '54s in both sitting downstairs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE=snowklinger;953514]Or the SL just because it is less limited than the Evo. The Evo will fold in pow and flutter at speed.

The SL will be there as your skills grow and allow you to take it anywhere. If I was considering an SL however, I would get the Proto instead hands down unless money is the factor.[/QUOTE]

i took your advice and bought a 2013 proto, 40% off!!! what what!!#
I hope is not to stiff, thanx everyone for the response

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts

i took your advice and bought a 2013 proto, 40% off!!! what what!!#
I hope is not to stiff, thanx everyone for the response
Just keep in mind that the Proto is not for lazy riding. Keep your edge technique sharp and you will have tons of fun. I highly recommend detuning the fuck out of the contact points.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts