Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Bataleon the Jam 158 which I absolutely love, (can say what you want about triple base being a gimmick batalon areamazing). There are a number things I love about this board:

Its Fast, really fast
It handles ice like a dream
The control is amazing, floats on pow handles groomers
The pop is great
It handles jumps and lands with ease.

There is a couple of things I really don’t like

It is so stiff that nose/tail presses and butters feel nearly impossible.

I am have always been a “point and go” kind of rider so it has been great but I like the idea of a second board where I can do some piste tricks and a dabble in some freestyle boarding

I love the Idea of a rocker board, going from a board is so stiff - something that is pre-designed to help me lift my nose and tail, the mechanics seem to make perfect sense (in theory)

Burton custom V-Rocker and Custom flying V have both grabbed my attention , would love to hear from others who have tried these boards or moved to something with a rocker and how this compared to a stiff camber

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Burton custom V-Rocker and Custom flying V have both grabbed my attention , would love to hear from others who have tried these boards or moved to something with a rocker and how this compared to a stiff camber
I'm going to give you a bit of a different opinion:

I went from a stiff heavily cambered board, and a med-stiff cambered board with a lifted tip, to a shorter Burton Custom (camber). The shorter length, softer flex, and less setback already makes the board handle very differently from my "point and shoot" machines.

I picked up a 2011 used for $145 last year 3-4 cm shorter than my usual freeride length. Seems like a great play board.

I have not tried the Burton v-rocker yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts