Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, back again with more annoying questions. Im gonna try to make this brief.

Im 17, 5'9, 195, size 10 boot. Im an intermediate rider who rides in Vermont and Icy New England.

Im looking to expand in my riding style. I want an all mountain board that is park oriented, playful enough for butters and presses, without compromising stability and edge hold on hardpack and groomers. I've been researching around and have a couple boards in mind. (Definitely want a camber or some form of camber dominated profile)

- Capita Defenders of Awesome 158 (rents are not a fan of graphic and are highly opposed to it and don't understand its about the board not about the graphic. I'm 17 and still live with them so their word still carries weight)
- Nitro Team Exposure 157 (Haven't really heard a lot about Nitro tbh and was looking for some opinions, looks like it'd be hella fun to ride)
- Salomon Huck Knife 158 (Looks dope, but I'm afraid it'd be a bit too playful)

If anyone has any opinions/ideas/suggestions/food for thought/or other board options Im open to feedback. Thank you guys sm, its much appreciated

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Hey guys, back again with more annoying questions. Im gonna try to make this brief.

Im 17, 5'9, 195, size 10 boot. Im an intermediate rider who rides in Vermont and Icy New England.

Im looking to expand in my riding style. I want an all mountain board that is park oriented, playful enough for butters and presses, without compromising stability and edge hold on hardpack and groomers. I've been researching around and have a couple boards in mind. (Definitely want a camber or some form of camber dominated profile)

- Capita Defenders of Awesome 158 (rents are not a fan of graphic and are highly opposed to it and don't understand its about the board not about the graphic. I'm 17 and still live with them so their word still carries weight)
- Nitro Team Exposure 157 (Haven't really heard a lot about Nitro tbh and was looking for some opinions, looks like it'd be hella fun to ride)
- Salomon Huck Knife 158 (Looks dope, but I'm afraid it'd be a bit too playful)

If anyone has any opinions/ideas/suggestions/food for thought/or other board options Im open to feedback. Thank you guys sm, its much appreciated
I'd go for the Nitro Team Exposure out of that list then the Huck Knife. The Capita DOA is on the stiffer side of all mountain and with you wanting more of a park oriented board that's playful for butters and presses the other two take it out of the equation.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
So do you think the Nitro would be better for my purposes oppose the salomon huck knife?
It's up to you, the huck knife seems slightly more park oriented and the Nitro slightly more all mountain but it's up to you and what type of profile you want etc. I would go with the Nitro because today Evo has last years model on sale for 310. After you decide, report back and let us know what you get and how it rides.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's up to you, the huck knife seems slightly more park oriented and the Nitro slightly more all mountain but it's up to you and what type of profile you want etc. I would go with the Nitro because today Evo has last years model on sale for 310. After you decide, report back and let us know what you get and how it rides.
All Evo has for the Team (not the exposure) is 152, and 155. Is 155 too small? Im 190 so... It says its rated for 120-165, do u think it would make a difference? Or would it just be easier for me to flex?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You mentioned you were looking at the Team Exposure and I see both the camber and the gulwing available on Evo in the 157.

Nitro Team Exposure Gullwing Snowboard 2016 | evo outlet

Nitro Team Exposure Snowboard 2016 | evo outlet
I ended up buying the 155 Nitro team, not the exposure. They didn't have 157. Hoping I didn't accidentally fuck myself over but I was in a rush as the sale was supposed to end last night. I might end up returning it if its too small. But yeah? Do you think the 155 won't work?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
There's only one way to find out, it seems like a nice board and with you wanting something slightly park oriented it could work out perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts