Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an advanced snowboard for my 7 year old. He is about 3'9" (45") and weighs about 45lbs. He is an advanced rider. Double Black, and loves the park. He rode a 100CM beginner board last year, but options seem to be extremely limited below 120CM boards. Does anyone have a suggestion for an aggressive young rider? Thanks

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
7,054 Posts
Just wait ten minutes for him to grow six inches. :LOL:

·
Registered
273 Posts
All the boards I've ever seen in that range are all flat or rocker. You aren't going to start getting into camber until he gets into the 120cm range. But he's not going to take long to reach that stage. Once he gets off rocker now he's going to have an interesting time probably, if he has any bad habits now the rocker boards he's riding will let him get away with it while the camber boards won't.

If you're not aware, one of the biggest factors for difficulty riding a board and beginner to intermediate to expert is the board profile, whether it's rocker, camber, etc.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Neat, glad I am wrong. There are not a lot of camber boards in that size, I couldn't find any on Evo. I think that Signal Park is his best bet for something to give him a little more challenge. I would get him off rocker and flat boards so he can avoid bad habits.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’m snagging a Jones Prodigy for my little grom, camber, twin, wood core, go from 110 to 145 in 5 cm increments

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I’m snagging a Jones Prodigy for my little grom, camber, twin, wood core, go from 110 to 145 in 5 cm increments

There's a few big raps for the Prodigy in the comments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts