Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, you don't understand how many hours I've put into trying to find the right board. I'm a advanced rider through out most of the mountain, but in the park I'm a low intermediate. I really lookin forward to progress my park skills next year. A board that would help me progress the park really well yet still be able to handleslush, pow, ice, groomers, practically anything you can throw at it. Living in So Cal is unpredictable, head up to mammoth and you can get some of the best powder runs, but go to bear mountain and you can get the best street influenced features. My top options so far are the lib tech skate banana, burton parkit, arbor westmark,and burton process Flying V. Btw I'm 5'7 and 135 lb and growing. I would really appreciate any feedback on any board that is good or any feedback on bad boards so I don't buy it. Price isn't a big consern for now. Thank you :)

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Skip the Banana. That is a board tries to do too much and fails miserably. It ends up being less than mediocre at everything. Process Flying V isn't a bad option, but really I think there is better out there. Parkitect is fun, but felt strangely hooky when I rode it. It's also not subsantially stable. Westmark definitely fits, I could ride that board every day in every condition. Other boards I can do that with, Salomon Villain or Sabotage, K2 Happy Hour, Signal OG Flat (what I rode most at Bear), Signal Freedom Machine Camber, Flow Era or Shifty, Nitro Rook, Bataleon Whatever, or a Rossi Trickstick.

The Pyro is a rad board, but its pretty torsionally soft and the tips have a fair amount of give. Landed somewhere between the Rook and Swindle.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Śñõwbõãrdėr;998889 said:
Sorry 135 lb, 5'7, and size 9
Good info. The Westmark in 153 cm (allows for weight gain) is an amazing board and will take you further into the other styles of riding (non-park) that you have mentioned.

The Process (152 cm for you) is very fun as well.

The Westmark has Arbor's Grip Tech which works exceptionally well when you see icy days/patches. That might just be the determining factor for you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Banana Magic............. But Im sure everyone on this site will Say some sort of Never Summer board. I swear its either a Colorado thing or this site is paid by NS. Every post here is about a Never Summer board. I like them, had a Legacy but I like Mervin boards waaaaaaaay more. Funny thing is my board was the only NS I ever saw on the hill.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Banana Magic............. But Im sure everyone on this site will Say some sort of Never Summer board. I swear its either a Colorado thing or this site is paid by NS. Every post here is about a Never Summer board. I like them, had a Legacy but I like Mervin boards waaaaaaaay more. Funny thing is my board was the only NS I ever saw on the hill.
Yeah for sure, and no one here ever talks about Mervin...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
See a lot on the West Coast. Bear, Mammoth, Seattle.

It's funny you say that though, there was only ONE mention of NS in this thread, with everyone else recommending something else.

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,139 Posts
Banana Magic
For the park?:unsure:
It's my favourite board to ride, and I'm something of a Mervin fanboy myself, but I wouldn't recommend that for the park.
Fantastic board for the half pipe, but for rails/boxes I'd stick with the Skate Banana/Park Pickle or the Box Scratcher.

Banana Magic for all mountain freestyle though.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
try out a board with tbt. bataleon/lobster... i've tried other variations of shapes, and i think it's the best besides traditional camber. def try before you buy though, some people don't like it, but i don't think i'll switch to another shape any time soon

from bataleon, look at the gw or the whatever - i think those might fit the bill for you

·
Banned
16 Posts
Dc

DC DEVUN PRO MODEL. HEY im the rossignol ceo and when im not riding my xv im riding the dc devun model. its sick bro! twin shape for park and a pow nose for float!:yahoo:

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
DC DEVUN PRO MODEL. HEY im the rossignol ceo and when im not riding my xv im riding the dc devun model. its sick bro! twin shape for park and a pow nose for float!:yahoo:
Riiiiiiiight... your existence here has been invaluable.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
Bull. He hasn't generated One. Single. Yoga-pants pic.

Still waiting.
Here ya go! Sorry for the delay! :D

hot_girls_yoga_pants_3.jpg

Been posted before, but Me Likey!! So here it is again!!!! :tongue4:

555705_576507639041090_1418267543_n.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts