Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i have 3 boards, am already in line to order an Endeavour Vice for the new season, but am thinking about another board...

I don't have any particular reason for it, other than IT IS CHEAP...

So, my question is, has anyone used gearcoop dot com

As that is where th board is...

Flow ERA in 155 is what i want, and is is a fantastical price of $143.98 delivered...!!!

I live in the wrong country for delivery of course, but that is a minor issue, will have delivered to my neighbours mum who lives over there... ;)

Flow Era Snowboard - Men's : Snowboards

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep, I've used them recently. Ordered a Flow Solitude for a great price. Shipping was fast and the board was fine (no defects, blemishes, etc). Can't really say anything bad about my experience with them.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
who knows, I bought two boards for next season, i am debating my first split board, and i just checked out gearcoop and saw a board i liked.

I think as long as you use your boards it's okay. just don't buy it as wall art, or ride it for only 10 days and then say you need to replace it.

also don't buy a board and screw your roommates over because you don't have rent...no bueno

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ride over 100 days a season, so that is not an issue, so don't fret about that, and no i don't need the board, but i do want the board, and at that price it is very very hard to resist...!!!

But having never heard of the company selling it, was dubious about just jumping straight in, and wondered how many people had used them before...

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have it delivered to a friend, and he will ride it there, maybe 1 day, so when he flies over it will be used... Haha

So no duty... ;)

:yahoo:

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheeky... we need that on a commercial scale!
Just out of interest, i know warranty claims are duty exempt, but say as an example, you had a distributor that returned you 20 boards, and you return 20 boards... Do you return them all as warranty tax exempt...???

Just curious how that works... I know it may be subject to more scrutiny, and i'm not saying that you have loads of warranty claims, but much like samples... Wondered how you as a company get billed or the customer gets billed...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just out of interest, i know warranty claims are duty exempt, but say as an example, you had a distributor that returned you 20 boards, and you return 20 boards... Do you return them all as warranty tax exempt...???

Just curious how that works... I know it may be subject to more scrutiny, and i'm not saying that you have loads of warranty claims, but much like samples... Wondered how you as a company get billed or the customer gets billed...
Ah the trade secret of duty on international warranty returns... it's standard procedure that no duty is paid on warranty replacements between the EU and US. Samples however are another world of confusion where Google will offer you much more help.

·
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW you need a degree in understanding gobbledegook to fully understand the UK legislation regarding samples...!!!

I always new it would be difficult to understand the ins and outs fully, but they don't make it easy do they...

Sponsorship goes the say way as samples i guess. They make life so hard don;t they when it comes to trying to do business... Haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts