Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks I am getting a new snowboard which I have not done in years so I will give some info and hopefully you can help. :laugh: Any and all help is great!

Anyway here is the info quote from the website and it is $500 -

"Manufactured by Never Summer Industries in Denver, CO.

Type: All Mountain Freestyle

This all terrain, all condition ride is Never Summer's most popular and versatile model. For 2012/13, the Custom Flight Core has been modified to reduce weight and increase pop. The Carbon VXR Laminate Technology to the SL have been added to add powerful edge response and control. The lightweight RDS 2 Damping System provides the perfect balance of freeride vibration absorption and freestyle liveliness. Slightly setback for powder floatation but centered enough for spinning and carving, this one board quiver excels on hardpack, in the park, natural features and all around freeriding. The SL has set the standard for all mountain freestyle performance, versatility and durability. The Legacy (W sizes) are the wide version of Never Summer's SL board.

Technical Features:

•STS Pretensioned Fiberglass
•BI-Lite Fiberglass
•Carbon VXR Laminate Technology
•NS Custom Flightcore
•RDS 2 Damping System
•Sintered P-tex Sidewall
•Durasurf Sintered 4501 base
•P-tex Tip and Tail Protection
•Full Wrap Metal Edge"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so what exactly is your question? What info are you trying to get?
Sorry if my post is unorganized, I am a little rushed right now. Anyway I have not owned a snowboard in a few years so I do not now if the board I mentioned is good or bad or if the price is worth it. I am just wondering is anyone out there that knows what good snowboarding specs are can give me some advice.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Sorry if my post is unorganized, I am a little rushed right now. Anyway I have not owned a snowboard in a few years so I do not now if the board I mentioned is good or bad or if the price is worth it. I am just wondering is anyone out there that knows what good snowboarding specs are can give me some advice.
No one here can really give you a good answer without you giving us more information. Things like how much experience you have snowboarding, what type or style of riding you do. What your wanting the board to excel at be it deep powder, resort groomers, park, or whatever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No one here can really give you a good answer without you giving us more information. Things like how much experience you have snowboarding, what type or style of riding you do. What your wanting the board to excel at be it deep powder, resort groomers, park, or whatever.
ok I have been snowboarding for around 10 years. Normally snowboard up in New York and Pennsylvania. I mostly go on resort slopes but also dabble in the terrain park and pounder. I normally go snowboarding around 10 times in a season. I am goofy but this board is versatile so that bit doesn't matter much.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Heres a youtube review video for the board maybe it will help you, watch it and if it sounds like what your looking for then go for it. Many really like Never Summers boards so they must be worth the price and do well. I have a new 2014 Never Summer Proto HDX ill be riding this season if that makes any difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qzBLZ5PSCk

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
By information, we need to know. Your weight, your boot size and your riding style or the kind of riding you do the majority of the time.

For example. I am 185lbs size 10 boot and I ride all mountain freestyle and about 30% park. So I ride a Never Summer Proto Hd 157 or a Never Summer SL 158 and my park board is a skate banana 153.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts